Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to guess I'll need a plugin for this, but just to make sure: I want to have a skill that reduces MP cost on all skills, except the skill that activates this effect. Is it possible to make?

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What if you just made the skill that causes this effect become unuseable while this effect is active? seems like a more logical approach, don't you think?

If you agree, then just add onto the state this effect causes a Trait, Skill, Seal Skill, (this skill)
That will cause it to be unuseable while this effect is active.

If you don't like this answer, or it doesn't fit what you trying to do, sorry.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What if you just made the skill that causes this effect become unuseable while this effect is active? seems like a more logical approach, don't you think?
I would, but it's the skill's secondary effect, so I don't want to block usage of the skill, if the player still wants to go ahead and use it for its primary effect.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
I'm going to guess I'll need a plugin for this, but just to make sure: I want to have a skill that reduces MP cost on all skills, except the skill that activates this effect. Is it possible to make?
I would, but it's the skill's secondary effect, so I don't want to block usage of the skill, if the player still wants to go ahead and use it for its primary effect.
hmm how about that skill give the user state... (can be done using damage formula)
the state give the user a brand new skill which actually the copy of the previous skill but without the secondary effect... with higher mp cost which when reduced by previous skill secondary effect will cost the same as the previous skill before mp reduction... that state also seal the previous skill...

now we only need to find a way to hide the previous skills (if you want to hide it)... since a state cannot remove actor skill... only add skill... and seal skill...
hope this help.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Interesting week. Lots of stress and anxiety especially on Tuesday but still got thru it. How is everyone doing?
I was pleased with how the little ... whatever those square bits like upside-down turrets on the skirt are? I like how they turned out. Here's a little ranger/bandit/archery enthusiast to model it:

TestChara-08.gif

I'm calling her Robin because obviously.
Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:
I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
"The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drackdragon113