Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to guess I'll need a plugin for this, but just to make sure: I want to have a skill that reduces MP cost on all skills, except the skill that activates this effect. Is it possible to make?

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What if you just made the skill that causes this effect become unuseable while this effect is active? seems like a more logical approach, don't you think?

If you agree, then just add onto the state this effect causes a Trait, Skill, Seal Skill, (this skill)
That will cause it to be unuseable while this effect is active.

If you don't like this answer, or it doesn't fit what you trying to do, sorry.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What if you just made the skill that causes this effect become unuseable while this effect is active? seems like a more logical approach, don't you think?
I would, but it's the skill's secondary effect, so I don't want to block usage of the skill, if the player still wants to go ahead and use it for its primary effect.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
I'm going to guess I'll need a plugin for this, but just to make sure: I want to have a skill that reduces MP cost on all skills, except the skill that activates this effect. Is it possible to make?
I would, but it's the skill's secondary effect, so I don't want to block usage of the skill, if the player still wants to go ahead and use it for its primary effect.
hmm how about that skill give the user state... (can be done using damage formula)
the state give the user a brand new skill which actually the copy of the previous skill but without the secondary effect... with higher mp cost which when reduced by previous skill secondary effect will cost the same as the previous skill before mp reduction... that state also seal the previous skill...

now we only need to find a way to hide the previous skills (if you want to hide it)... since a state cannot remove actor skill... only add skill... and seal skill...
hope this help.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucimountfort