NightHerald

little demon child
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! Sorry if there's already a topic on this, but I looked around and couldn't find anything for my specific needs. 

I want to be able to have all characters regenerate MP from walking, but not in battle. Or it could be time based by just being on the map. Also I was wondering if there was a way to get the TP gauge to be full when you first start out (I'm using it as a "stamina" gauge).

I really don't want to use scripts for this, I'm sure there has to be a way to accomplish it without, but I can't figure out how. I'd greatly appreciate anyone who helps me :)

nakina

Dat boi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would set up a parallel process common event and have a switch set up to enable and disable it.  Then you can set up a timer in the common event to slowly add MP to the party over time while they are on the map.  For TP, you could just have the change TP command make the gauge full in your battle event before the battle processing begins.  (sorry, I was thinking in terms of MV not sure about TP in ace)  I hope this was clear enough for you.  If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also I was wondering if there was a way to get the TP gauge to be full when you first start out (I'm using it as a "stamina" gauge).

I know you said you don't want to use "scripts", but never be afraid to use scripting.

To accomplish this, you can simply change a single line in the code.  In Game_Battler, you will find this method:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Initialize TP
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def init_tp
    self.tp = rand * 25
  end

Change rand * 25 to 100 and all battlers will start the battle with full (100) TP.

I like Nakina's approach for MP regen while walking.

NightHerald

little demon child
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@nakina Oh my god... I only used one wait command  and a change MP command and I got it working perfectly.  I just made a parallel process event that creates a night/day cycle yesterday. What is wrong with my brain??? -_- Thank you for mentioning the timer, it jogged my memory :)  (Also, the timer completely baffles me as to how you would implement it...)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
NightHerald, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to add something, just edit your post.  And using the @username convention, as you do, means that it will be clear who you are replying to.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

NUMINA Part 1 is finally out ✨ Get it now with a 10% launch discount!
Made this simple Training Dummy :D

obraz_2022-07-01_095700524.png
I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.
If we assume an Elf's strong suit is Dexterity (AGI) & Intellect (MAT), I imagine Strength (ATK) & Constitution (DEF) would be among their lowest stats. But I'm having a hard deciding which should be lower, Strength or Constitution?
I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to start blocking those who repeatedly put up sexual content and offer absolutely nothing (that I've seen) related to what this community is supposedly created for.
Don't take it personal. I'm a rape victim with permanent injuries who can never enjoy 'it' ever again, so it's the last thing I want to have put in my face. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googoogagaman