MP3 Player?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi. I was wondering if there was a way to make an MP3 Player type item, in which the player opens it in the key items section, and a "song selection" screen pops up where he/she can choose a song, and the song would play as the game went on. I also wanted it to go to the next song when that song was over, and for it to have start, stop, pause, play, fast foward, rewind, skip, back, that kind of stuff. If there is any way to do this please let me know. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time. ^_^

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You'd have to do it via scripting, but it is possible. If you're looking to take up scripting, I'd recommend starting with something a bit easier than this, as you'd have to make several windows that use input to do all of this.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ive done this with eventing in several of my vx projects and an ace project. Just use a common event to call a variable that is a variable for all your available music tracks. Then just have the player choose a variable for the associated music track. Then you can also have a random variable for a random track. No script needed.

If you want to add graphics to the selection just have the event call the graphic like say a music cd cover based on the variable to correspond with the track.

CWells

Storyteller/Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, try to watch your use of licensed music I guess.

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The basic part - choosing a song - is easy. There's a line somewhere that sets the maximum choices for a "choice" event window - increase that and you can just use the 'choices' to pick a song.  Picking a different song could also be handled by events via a random number.

Rewind and Fast Forward will be trickier if you want them to be able to jump to a specific part of a song...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's names in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr