mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you change your terms to credit "Kadokawa" and not "RM" so that those who are less familiar aren't confused. Thanks.

Also, to everyone, can we please not turn this into a Kaus-bashing thread and instead focus on the resources MrPyramidHead has been so gracious to share?

PixelMister

Halcyon Days - Project Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These tiles are brilliant! Keep up the good work!

MrPyramidHead

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Ice Bear Glad you enjoy them, if the water auto-tiles are too much of a nuisance. I could probably make in-animate water tiles to go alongside it, probably make it easier? I just personally love having moving water XD. Also yeah, I'll look at zipping them all up once/if I get a big enough set.

@mlogan Oh urm, right sorry. Changed then lol.

Thanks again guys, will do. ^.^

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice Bear

Ice Bear for President
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Ice Bear Glad you enjoy them, if the water auto-tiles are too much of a nuisance. I could probably make in-animate water tiles to go alongside it, probably make it easier? I just personally love having moving water XD. Also yeah, I'll look at zipping them all up once/if I get a big enough set.
Oh no! They're fine! It's just kinda difficult getting used to these weird tiles haha. X3

Edit: May I please see your tileset settings on the editor?

Edit 2: I noticed there is a glitch with the tileset.

It shouldn't be like that, right? 

2016-06-15.png

MrPyramidHead

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
XD, Sorry you're having trouble. Which settings do you mean?

Edit 2: I noticed there is a glitch with the tileset.
Also, those bits are actually intentional, I suck at explaining things, sorry.

Here goes, urm...

Basically, the tiles high-lighted blue help make the cliff sides look less... straight, I guess, so to counteract the gaps you see, use the tiles high-lighted Red instead, those are completely straight and should remove all gaps.

Explanation sucks, I know. If it wasn't good enough, I'll see if I can go into more detail (It's kind of late for me so I can't really think properly atm lol) -Hopefully- that helps.

meiows

bunvinni
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are really nice. I love the style and coloring of your maps, also (if that makes sense?).

Ice Bear

Ice Bear for President
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
XD, Sorry you're having trouble. Which settings do you mean?

Also, those bits are actually intentional, I suck at explaining things, sorry.

Here goes, urm...

Basically, the tiles high-lighted blue help make the cliff sides look less... straight, I guess, so to counteract the gaps you see, use the tiles high-lighted Red instead, those are completely straight and should remove all gaps.

Explanation sucks, I know. If it wasn't good enough, I'll see if I can go into more detail (It's kind of late for me so I can't really think properly atm lol) -Hopefully- that helps.
Oh! Thanks! Didn't even notice those tiles haha. Your explanation is fine, I can understand it clearly. ^v^b

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Very nice! :)  Keep up the great work! It's really a high-quality contribution to the community that can extremely easily implemented in any project using the RTP. It's like an RTP 2.0 to me. Was that actually your concept?

MrPyramidHead

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very nice! :)  Keep up the great work! It's really a high-quality contribution to the community that can extremely easily implemented in any project using the RTP. It's like an RTP 2.0 to me. Was that actually your concept?
Thank you. Sorry for the late reply, but yeah. Something like that xD. I'm not a fan of the blocky-ness for the default RTP but I also love the art style so I can't help but use it so all I can do is edit it. It's a bonus too because it works seamlessly with the default tiles meaning no clashing art-styles (I hope.). :3

Also, update time. I've made snow-cliff tiles finally. This pretty much rounds up the exterior cliff tiles now (Natural, Desert and Snow) which means I can now work on... urm, I dunno... dungeons or towns?

Example:

f78b9125feaab6ce6d3712a1eaa2eb1f.png

crowhound

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Mr Pyramid these are wonderful. Really if you ever make a ******* page, I will be one of the first to support you.

MrPyramidHead

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Don't give me ideas >:3, kidding. XD It puts a smile on my face to hear that though, really, thank you.  :)

Sturmfels

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Woah! The Snow Tiles are absolute gorgeous!
I like your other sets very much aswell!

Very good job! ;)

King Galaxian

King Galaxian
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American!
Primarily Uses
I have to say, you have made my day. Just when I find out that kaus's tiles are all stolen, and I can't use them, another master of tile making appears out of nowhere!

You sir, are awesome.

Feenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
While these are some very nice tiles, I'm slightly bothered by how you're doing all the edges. They're all really abrupt, and don't really feel like they're fitting the terrain they're used on. Grass should be a bit more tufty, for lack of a better word, and should do a better job of getting into the crevices and generally lower parts of the rocks they're up against. Rocks shouldn't be cut off abruptly or even really fade into one another; instead, there should be something to show that one is clearly lying above the other. Dirt and sand should go around the bottoms of rocks and the like, and again really shouldn't be quite so abrupt unless there's some change in height going on.

I did a quick paintover [is this the correct term?] of some of the edges, and while they're still far from ideal I hope there's a bit of a sense of what they should look like.

f6e12af618e3933109af012e7aab2afb.png

Other than that, though, these do look pretty neat.

Vaelen Nox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the work, but there are many issues with the tilesets, as example the offset

offset.PNGoffset2.PNG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...
How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elender