MRP MapExporter - export your full-size maps 1:1 as PNG files

HelloAnnyong

Software Wizard
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well, this is not working for me.. It may be the resolution I'm using (1280x720), a bug or some sort of black magic, but I can't be sure..

Anyway, here's an example:

This is the complete map. (Which I took screenshot and edited on paint so I could show you)

And this is the error:

This is the actual png file I got after using the plugin's script call.

Any ideas?

A few things - first, you will need to disable any scripts, events, etc. that give you overlays (like the minimap I see in the screenshot).

What this plugin does is move the camera around to each "page" of the map, take a screenshot on each one, and then combine the images. So whatever you have on your screen will be visible in the output (multiple times as you can see from the minimap displayed multiple times.)

Apart from that, I'm guessing this is a problem with using a nonstandard resolution for your game. I'll test this out tonight. For consistency's sake, can you tell me what plugin/script you're using to change your game resolution?

Also, could you try changing your game resolution to 1248x720 (1248 is a multiple of 48 while 1280 is not, so if it works correctly with 1248 then I know it's an issue with noninteger tile screen widths.

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A few things - first, you will need to disable any scripts, events, etc. that give you overlays (like the minimap I see in the screenshot).

What this plugin does is move the camera around to each "page" of the map, take a screenshot on each one, and then combine the images. So whatever you have on your screen will be visible in the output (multiple times as you can see from the minimap displayed multiple times.)

Apart from that, I'm guessing this is a problem with using a nonstandard resolution for your game. I'll test this out tonight. For consistency's sake, can you tell me what plugin/script you're using to change your game resolution?

Also, could you try changing your game resolution to 1248x720 (1248 is a multiple of 48 while 1280 is not, so if it works correctly with 1248 then I know it's an issue with noninteger tile screen widths.
Okay, just finished testing and changing the resolution to 1248x720 didn't change anything with the generated file.

I'm only using Yanfly's Core Engine, it has a parameter to change the screen resolution in it. Also, the "MiniMap" is just a picture that shows up on the screen, it's not a script at all, but I still tested without it, and still no luck.

So, time for bug hunting, I suppose? :p

HelloAnnyong

Software Wizard
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay, just finished testing and changing the resolution to 1248x720 didn't change anything with the generated file.

I'm only using Yanfly's Core Engine, it has a parameter to change the screen resolution in it. Also, the "MiniMap" is just a picture that shows up on the screen, it's not a script at all, but I still tested without it, and still no luck.

So, time for bug hunting, I suppose? :p
How odd. I just changed my game resolution to 1280x720 and it worked on a few different maps I tried, big and small. What are your map's dimensions?

And are you using the latest version of the plugin? (Really, 0.0.11+ should work the same.)

If you feel comfortable sending me your game files (I think I would just need the data and js folders) then I could recreate the issue and debug it further. Otherwise I'm not sure what's wrong.

You may also want to try Orange Mapshot, my competitor's plugin. :) If that one works for you but mine doesn't, can you let me know? I'm quite interested in what's causing the issue.

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I'm using the latest version, and I've tested Orange Mapshot before yours, and it didn't work at the time, and by that I mean, it "supposedly" took the screenshot, it just didn't create a file anywhere... 

(Just realized where the files were.. So it does work.. lol)

Well, since it's working for you, I'll be running a few more tests now to see if it's any compatibility issues, if I can't figure out the problem, I'll send you the data and js folders.

Oh, and the map dimensions are: 33x20 (for the one I've sent you) and 40x40 (for the one I actually first tried it on).

Edit:

It was faster than I thought. lol

I tested it on a "test project" I have with all of my scripts turned off, and It seems your script has some kind of compatibility issue when used together with MBS_SmoothScroll.

Here's an example:

Both of them have Yanfly's Engine Core on, that's why the background looks weird, I just used it to replicate the 1280x720 resolution of my actual project.

Normal

Now, with both your script and MBS_SmoothScroll.

Error

Last edited by a moderator:

xDGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hi there, that's a awesome plugin... I wanted to ask for something though ;) I don't know if you are accepting requests... but... here it goes.

Is it possible to save 2 png instead of 1?! 1 png would contain the layer below character and the other the layer above character ;) this would be great and helpful for parallax work. Thank you

debbysaurus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
As of last night I am unable to get this to work anymore.

It used to work fine just a few days ago, nothing changed apart from me adding more content to my game.

First I tried the different plugin versions, no result.

Then I tried turning some plugins off 1 by 1.. no result.
Started a complete new project, no result.

The only thing that changed to my computer was a windows update somewhere last week.

Any idea's what could be wrong?

Edit: Never mind, figured it out after some messing around with settings.

Great plugin btw!

Last edited by a moderator:

Carduus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this plugin still necessary? The Save Image button is there....but it produces half-sized images. 

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Necessary? It was never necessary. Some people just want the ability to be able to do it.

One practical use I can think of is that you could build the base of a map in the editor, save it and use that to make a parallax map. Can't do that with a map at 50%.

debbysaurus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
That's exactly what I use it for and I'm sure most others are too.

Using the built in save image for parallaxing is a big quality loss.

Singhsational

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, this plugin works really well, while somehow I couldnt get OrangeMapshot to work, you have done an excellent job. Well done and thanks!

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I really like it, since the default export in the editor seems to be bugged. Saved my day.

jayray

Jay Ray Games and Art Design- Oklahoma City, OK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Mark, I emailed you as well.

Wondered if the plugin would allow to instead of creating an image in a folder, if it could instead download it. This is because I want to host the 'game' in a broswer window. If not, I COULD always set the folder to keep adding it, and have another webscript like a photogallery just keep showing each picture made.

In a follow-up to that question. If I'm unable to make this a web-broswer-downloady-thingy and instead need to put it inside a Virtual directory as one .exe itself, will this script create another folder, and place those files THERE? (thinking something like EnigmaBox)

Last edited:

cedr777

Lead developer of "Charao Life"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait...MV had a default export PNG functionality??? I have been using it for more than half a year and can't find it. using 1.6.1ver

Edit: this plugin doesn't work for 1.6.1 sad.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Quick! Someone give me a snake pun about moving.
Meet the crew...Arrrr!
Who knew modern medieval was an actual music genre? I don't know what the youtube algorithms are doing but for once they found something actually fascinating:
Yay! Got 3 new frying pans, its weird, but I'm so happy about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rai1209