Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
 ​
Tomb Raider - Ms Littlefish
 ​

• Cleared: 0/100

​

• Please specify which theme you are doing when submitting entries.
  • You may request for an update of your status bar any time. Feel free to put it in your signature for bragging rights.
  • If I forget to update your status bar and badge, please don't hesitate to PM and remind me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to (1) introduce my challenge with a completely rewritten and retooled version of the very first thing I did when I downloaded RPG Maker and decided I was going to make a game. In the past week I have built a new computer that can handle the level of software I've been wanting to implement in my music. So, I must go on learning how to re-create my pieces with my new tools in mind. Not to mention actually learn how to mix music.

1. Introduction

Raina's Theme "Effortless as Self"

She is a centered and controlled person. The words regal and as the title of the song suggests, effortless, come to mind. Her serene demeanor, punctuated speaking, and cunning actions appear natural and show a person who is always ahead of the conversation. She is highly receptive to the true meaning of one's words and her manners easily command attention. The intimidation of the character is made not only by her ferocity, but her simplicity. She is a woman who has taken great care and time into learning who she is and what her values are. But, like any person, even the high tolerance of her composure can break.

Deleted

The Champion of Uncertainty :D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, that's beautiful! Definitely gives me the vibe of an grand adventure about to begin.  :popcorn:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very nice and mellow. Would fit well into a 'entering grand town that youve been dying to get to' kind of vibe :p
If anything it could use some sausage. (needs fatter if its already using it.)

I was thinking of doing a musical piece of two for some of the themes as well :p

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is already a lot of sausage in this piece, actually, Dekita. Some of the presets that come in Garritan (my VSTs here) are already so, so soft; that they needed quite a bit of sausage to get to their current levels. (Cue no one having any clue what we're talking about). I'll throw some more grease on 'em.

Bloodmorphed

Dungeon Fanatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mmm, you just made me hungry :p , as I have no idea what your talking about, I'm going to go make me some sausage.

I like the track though. However idk if it's just my ears today, but the start is far too high pitched. It hurt. That could just be me though.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, by high pitched do you mean loud? Or, is it a particular instrument? That's a comfortable range on both the flute and harp. The strings toward the middle gets a bit high and squealing but it's playable, though. Anything helps as I'm undoubtedly going to touch things up for a second edit.

Bloodmorphed

Dungeon Fanatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm, by high pitched do you mean loud? Or, is it a particular instrument? That's a comfortable range on both the flute and harp. The strings toward the middle gets a bit high and squealing but it's playable, though. Anything helps as I'm undoubtedly going to touch things up for a second edit.
The first thirty seconds, probably too loud more then high pitched.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh yea, the sausage is useful for that.

The tune i linked on skype (with the 69% fatty sax) is a good example of that. Normally the cubase sax vst noise if just so bare and bland. Lil bit o' sausage helps it hold its own against the other noise going on :D

animesock52

Sock Witch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is really nice, I am looking forward to seeing your future entries. Good luck!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Lovely - I didn't think the opening was too loud, but maybe I've just got the sound on my laptop turned down more than most?

Err, sausage????

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ksjp...

Bukarett

Burning Dryad
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tree whisperer
Primarily Uses
I really love this Introduction! :D Its really awesome how the music starts calmly and changes through to later return to the calm state again. I'm not sure if I explained it well, I have no music background what so ever, so I might sound really dumb. I really do love this song though! Great job!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Dekita

Ah, I see.  Thanks.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bakarett Don't you, worry. That's a really good description! And, thank you. I wanted the theme to show both the softness and strength of the character.

VoxPopuli

WatchFire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Exhilarating intro and anticipating a fascinating journey, Ms Littlefish-style, to the Tomb of the Lost Art. :)

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have very sensitive ears when it comes the high pitches, I think the flute is what he is hearing that is high pitched, it comes right up the line of uncomfortably high, but to me it doesn't cross it (I can kinda feel it in my ears when it is right there, but not over). It's not an issue of volume, I tend to keep volumes low on everything I listen to because of the aforementioned sensitivity. I personally love flutes (pretty much all varieties too, though piccolos can give me a headache) if used properly though, which you succeeded in doing.

It's a good piece, I like it, especially when the percussion and brass join in. Nice epic feel, but not of the dragon fighting variety, not sure I can say it better then Dekita, it's perfect for a big city or a meeting with royalty, I think.

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think this is a strong piece, and there were parts that were very grand and I could imagine this character sweeping into a banquet room and dominating the conversations.

I also wondered what were all the sausage references until Dekita explained it ;D For a moment I wondered if he meant there needs to be more men..

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The innuendo that can be made from the sausage fattener are just epic :D

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
39. Out of Time

This is an arrangement of "Final Hours" from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Credits: Nintendo and Koji Kondo (composer of The Legend of Zelda music)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gayeeeeeeeeee