Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
So I can't have RPG Maker XP Sprites and his battlesystem?

I've always used his ''Atoa custom battle system'' in Rpg maker XP, The thing that made me buy Ace is that he stopped with those scripts and started scripting for VX Ace, only to find out the mapping was horrible. So I tried the whole XP thing with parallax, which seemed to work: Except for the sprites walking in front of sprites. So after all that work, this one little thing is going to render it pretty much useless? -_- Might've well just made an XP game :(
It's because of scripter differences. I do remember Neonblack/CP making a Z value script that is compatible with victor, but ask him first.

glenjj

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yes, it seems to happen when the character moves from in front of the star tile (script in effect here), to somewhere else it goes behind the star tile for a sec while moving
I have the same issue, works fine standing, but when you go to walk away to a non star tile it overlaps your head for a sec when moving, sorta like the script turns off just a second too soon before you're past the star tile, small thing but noticeable anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I experience the same issue that Archeia Posted...

Also, if you're on a star tile and move to non-star, it clips right away...

Also, since it only takes effect when the sprite is higher than 1 tile, it will not work for when your normal sprite is on a O tile with a star tile above, when in fact the sprite has 4 pixels on the star tile due to the y-shifting for non ! sheets

I have a fix for the last two issues, but I've yet to find out why the first issue happens, possibly the Character becomes a "Star" tile???

Last edited by a moderator:

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Also, if you're on a star tile and move to non-star, it clips right away...

I have a fix for the last two issues, but I've yet to find out why the first issue happens, possibly the Character becomes a "Star" tile???
have the same issue how did you solve it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think one of my weirdest realizations is that my speed of game development would probably be about the same if I *didn't* work a full-time manual labor job.
Quick question, what's the best way to capture-er, I mean RECRUIT playtesters? Should I make a project thread and use that?
Node Graph out of Date. Rebuilding...
Does anyone know of any good Discord groups for art or biology discussion, that sort of thing?
Trying to access kissanime, Facing issues, Here are 5 working KissAnime Alternatives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoulDiamond