Not open for further replies.

McStinson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi guys.

As the title says, I want to know how to create a skill with multiple effects.
For example, a skill that first deals fire damage and then ice damage or a skill that first deals damage to the enemy party and then heals the player's party.
I think it should work like two diferent skills in one.

If someone knows how to do this, please help.

Thak you. :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
One way of doing this is to have a skill which only calls up a common event.

In the common event have a 'forced action' on e.g. a random enemy for each of the skills which you want to use.

So line one:  Forced Action Fire Skill random enemy

Line two Forced Action Heal All Allies.

Or

line one forced Action Ice Skill last target

line two Forced Action Fire Skill enemy ID #4

Last edited by a moderator:

McStinson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, it's almost working as intended but now I have a new question.
How do I change the battle message for a skill so it doesn't show like this:
" *user* something something."

When I use a skill that call up two diferent skills, all messages show up like you would expect from 3 diferent skills.
In this case, this doesn't make sense and I want to change it for something other than the default message or even don't show a message at all.

How can I do this?

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
either name the skills the same name, or leave the (name) uses, casts, does blank. the second option will just show damage. I stumbled across this accidently when I forgot to fill out that part  of the skill when making a custom one

McStinson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you Wavelenght, the script did the trick.

Everything is working as intended.

Thank all you guys for your help. :)

McStinson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, looks like I have one more question after all.
Wavelength, I am experimenting with single-target linked skills and I have come across some problems.
Is there a way to make sure that when I use a linked skill the target of the second skill is going to be the target of the first?

Or if the target of the first skill dies, is there a way to make sure that the second skill will not activate?

Thank you for you healp again.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
that should do that just fine... else you can try Yanfly's Skill Combo something

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Wavelength, I am experimenting with single-target linked skills and I have come across some problems.

Is there a way to make sure that when I use a linked skill the target of the second skill is going to be the target of the first?

Or if the target of the first skill dies, is there a way to make sure that the second skill will not activate?

It's a script I've never used myself, so you're better off asking Tsukihime at his site.

I don't know the answer to your first question and my instinct is that the answer to the second is 'no'.  If that's really important to do, you should probably try to "event" the second skill instead, which would make it possible to detect whether the target died to the use of the first skill.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Generally you'll need a script or you can use the events section to create a common event that plays when the skill is fired.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

The way linked skills work is that it basically queues up extra skills one by one.

I don't remember whether it keeps the target index info. If it does not I can add it.

For the conditions, there's an add-on linked under the download written by roguedeus that provides some the conditioning logic.

There is an example that checks whether the target is alive or not so you can see if that works.

Ambrose60506

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I hope someone sees this as the thread is 2 years old. My question with the script does it make it so skills one and 2 have to work and deal damage before the 3rd skill is triggered?  My application would be using skill 1 if it deals damage then go to skill 2 if it deals damage it triggers the final skill. 

Ambrose 

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
ambrose60506, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

The reason is to keep the clutter down. So can you please post your question either under script support for that script so the author can answer it, or as a new thread under script support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided to stop buying candy in supermarket and bulk buy 4.5kg of candy. The disadvantage of that is, now I eat a lot of candy. -_-
Microsoft has consumed Activision Blizzard. Makes me wonder if they're gonna make Blizzard Blizzard again.
HexMozart88 wrote on AphoticAmaranth's profile.
Your profile pic's face is my current mood.
tfw you're turning old af concept art into a workable game asset (ΦωΦ)
UMjgAfe.png

zGZGQEZ.png

Working on its arm and other leg. boy oh boy getting this thing to move is going to be *fun*
Hi everyone, thanks for reading :kaoswt:
I have a channel for you, An RPG MAKER MV plugin tutorial on YouTube:kaojoy:
Any supports'll be appreciated and I hope you have a great day:wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AyJ4yy