Multi Layer Fog 1.0Introduction
This script allows you to add multiple fog layers to your map and control the appearance and behaviour of them individually.
- Show fog between the parallax background and the map
- Show fog above the map
- Set different fog layers to scroll in different directions and at different speeds
- Change fog tone over time
- Change fog opacity over time
- Choose whether fog is cleared when going to a new map
- Choose whether fog on a map carries through to battle screens
How to Use
Paste into a new script slot below Materials.
BATTLE_FOGS - set to true to show fog on battle screens (default), or false to show fog only on the map
CLEAR_ON_TRANSFER - set to true to remove all fog when changing maps (default), or false to keep fog until removed manually (false will make fog behave like pictures)
The following commands are all made via Call Script event commands.
show_fog(id, "filename", hue, opacity, blend_type, zoom, speed_x, speed_y, z)
Only id and filename are mandatory.
z, if used, should be greater than -100 and less than 0 to display fog between the parallax background and the map. If not used, fog will be shown above characters; fogs with a higher id will be shown above those with a lower id.
tint_fog(id, red, green, blue, gray, duration)
fade_fog(id, opacity, duration)
Get it here
Version 2 here (to address the 'fog sticks to player' issue)
Credit and Thanks
- credit Shaz
Free for use in commercial games. Give credit.