Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really don't understand what you're saying.  This has nothing to do with Unity.  Higher numbered tabs have priority.  This is the way it has always been with every RPG Maker, in every language.

If your game is working okay now, let's just leave it at that.  I would like to have seen the second tab, because I believe there's another issue you're going to run into if it's not set up correctly.  But if you're happy with the way it's working now and don't want to show it, that's okay.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really don't understand what you're saying.  This has nothing to do with Unity.  Higher numbered tabs have priority.  This is the way it has always been with every RPG Maker, in every language.

If your game is working okay now, let's just leave it at that.  I would like to have seen the second tab, because I believe there's another issue you're going to run into if it's not set up correctly.  But if you're happy with the way it's working now and don't want to show it, that's okay.
I thought it was specific to Enterbrain software.
With other software the priority page unconditional starts left if I was not mistaken.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uh - game engine being Japanese has nothing to do with it.  If both pages have conditions that are met, page 2 will have priority.  For ANY language version.

ok min will show 

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
35h35h35.jpg

So now , like that , i can make i copy of this event inside all my map and its will working.
I try many test, and i do not think I get problems.

I added Communs parralel process desactivate alway the $gameSwitches.setValue(13)

And when you timer finish, if i come back to map, all resource generated. :)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What happens if you're ON the map when the timer finishes?

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What happens if you're ON the map when the timer finishes?
Nothing , i put some console.log(''); to be sure.

I need to transfer [out] and [in], and the timer start again very good.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that's interesting.  I expected it would redraw the map.  Okay - seems to be working then.  Have fun :)

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Mabye a function to pause the timer?

Its only an idea, but i would need it, if i talk with some npc, then the timer should be paused. Otherwise the player skip the conversation to be fast.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There were two ways I could have written this script.  One way has the potential to cause lag, and the other way doesn't.  I chose the way that doesn't.  In order to add the ability to pause timers, I would have to rewrite the script to go the other way.  Because it has the potential to cause lag, it's not something I plan to do.

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hmm okay,

than mabye save the remaining time in a variable and stop the timer, than a possibility to start a timer with a variable as time?

for example: AddTimer test '\v[1]' command

So i can create a 'pause'. Would that be possible ?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually I've just looked at the script, and I didn't design it exactly the way I thought I did (and I didn't go with the other option either - I figured out something flexible that would not cause lag).

I might be able to add in a pause.  Leave it with me.

Ursa Koda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Samoan
Primarily Uses
N/A
How to make a bucket of water refill again (magically ofcourse) after 1 minute?

I have tried your timer plugin and it doesnt work for me!

Entereing the map I have image of a bucket with water

- then i choose 'drink water' so the picture is then of an empty bucket

- 1 minute later I want it to show bucket with water again.

HOW??

EDITED:

@Ahuramazda

Big and beautiful SYNTAX error :D

I am literally, figuratively, and metaphysically going crazy :)

Reward for anybody that can make this work for me by making an mv-game

with one map and one bucket that can automatically refill after given amount of time (i must be able to change the time)

:

1 free copy of game when finished

and your name in the credits

and link to your website if any

PM me if you can and want ^^

NEVERMIND, I find GALV script and demo that works fine ^^

Thank you anyways :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try "addTimer <thismap>.<thisevent>.A 60 \setss([<thismap>, <thisevent>, 'B'], true)" on the 1st page of the event and have that page turn on self switch A.

On self switch A page have it do nothing (your empty bucket).

On the B page of the event have it set to auto-run and turn off both self switch A and B.

If done properly it should work as you are wanting. :)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's more complicated than it needs to be, and one reason this plugin was made was to avoid having to have autorun pages just to turn of self switches.

@Ursa Koda can you please provide screenshots of your original event - use alt+printscreen to include the whole event window, and if you have multiple pages, include a screenshot for each one.

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It may be more complicated than it was meant to be, but it does work. So what if it adds in 1 extra page that doesn't really cause any problems? He asked for help and I answered.

And in my experience using it with the " addTimer <thismap>.<thisevent>.A 60 \setss([<thismap>, <thisevent>, 'A'], false)" bugs out sometimes, most likely due to some other plugins or changes I made, so my suggestion is made based off my personal usage of this plugin. :)

and I am not trying to sound argumentative or hostile, but I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder and everything is just bad for the past few days, lol 

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So what if it adds in 1 extra page that doesn't really cause any problems?

The point of the plugin is so you don't have to have extra pages turning self switches on/off.

The correct command to use in this case would be

addTimer <thismap>.<thisevent>.A 60 \setss([<thismap>, <thisevent>, 'A'], false)

as you've said.

I can't think of any reason any other plugins would interfere with this, but I can think of some ways an event could be set up that might cause it to not work (and even to appear that it doesn't work randomly).  If you're willing, I'd like to take a look at your event to see how you've arranged things, and if I can spot what might be causing it.  If you can pinpoint any details as to when it works and when it doesn't, or if there are specific events that this happens to, that'd be a big help.

Hope your shoulder plays nice soon.  Not much worse than trying to have a normal day and something like that bugging you constantly.

Ursa Koda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Samoan
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's more complicated than it needs to be, and one reason this plugin was made was to avoid having to have autorun pages just to turn of self switches.

@Ursa Koda can you please provide screenshots of your original event - use alt+printscreen to include the whole event window, and if you have multiple pages, include a screenshot for each one.
Thank you Shaz, that is very generous of you, don't worry about this, I have sorted it out via another plugin.

I would like to take the opportunity though to thank you for your MANY fine plugins, I be happy to send you a free game when I am done,

you will be on credit list anyways :D Thanks! I will ask you next time, if I encounter a problem with my own understanding of your scripts.

I am very sure it is me that is at fault, NOT your scripts! You are Einstein, I am Søren Kierkegaard in comparison. Nothing alike there. Hehe.

@Shaz So I give you the last line from 'Ulysses' by Tennyson:  "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."  That is what moves you forward toward "The Perfect Script" then :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do have bugs in my scripts sometimes,  despite my best efforts  ;)

hyun8675

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love this plugin.
It's very avaliable for my project.
i have question.
I want to <thisevent> is change to <$gameMap.event(this._eventId)>
this is possible?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's exactly what <thisevent> does.  It is a shortcut to save you having to type out the whole thing.  Use <thisevent>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;
loopk wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.
loopk wrote on Avery's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TsuruharaYuki