English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Multicast v1.2.1
Author: dingk
RMMV version 1.6.2
Updated May 4, 2020

Introduction
This plugin allows an actor to cast more than one skill in the same turn like in the Final Fantasy series.
To perform a multicast, first select the Multicast skill, then select multiple skills in the same window, provided that you meet the skill costs.
Download
Raw Source (Right-click > Save As...)
How to Use
  1. Download plugin in the link above.
  2. Place in your /RPG Maker MV/[YourGameTitle]/js/plugins/ folder.
  3. Open the Plugin Manager, and create a new entry at the bottom of the list
  4. Under the Name dropdown, find dingk_Multicast.js or dingk_Multicast_mini.js near the bottom of the list.
  5. Customize the plugin parameters to the right and click OK.
  6. Click OK to exit the Plugin Manager, and save your project.
If you are updating, refresh the plugin in the Plugin Manager by opening the plugin in the list and clicking OK.

Plugin Parameters
Multicast Type
  • Determines the default multicast type that is applied to all Multicast skills.
  • 0 - Select and cast multiple skills at once.
  • 1 - Select only one skill, casts it multiple times, each with its own target selection.
  • 2 - Select only one skill, casts it multiple times, but cannot select different targets.
Show Finish Multicast
  • Allow the player to finish a multicast skill selection early (e.g. select two skills while triple casting.
  • Useful when actors have multicast via states, where a low MP actor won't have enough MP to multicast, whereas if enabled via skill, they can just cancel it.
Notetags

Skill and State Notetags

• The following notetags can be applied to skills and states.
  • If applied to a skill, you must select the skill to activate Multicasting.
  • If applied to a state, an actor with this state always has Multicasting active and cannot be disabled unless the state expires.
Code:
<Multicast x: y, y ... >
<Multicast x: y to z>
Lets the skill activate Multicasting.
x - The number of skills that can be selected
y, z - The skill IDs associated with the multicast
Code:
<Multicast Type: x>
Sets the skill to be a certain multicast type.
Code:
<Multicast Cost: x.y>
Change the skill cost rate. For example, you can set multicasted skills to cost 1.5 times more.

Creates the Dualcast skill, allowing the player to select skill IDs 8 to 10 (Heal, Fire, Spark) two times.

Compatibility
  • Won't work with plugins that allow custom skill costs.
  • Works with YEP_SkillCore's HP costs.
  • Works with YEP_X_SkillCostItems (as of v1.2.0).
  • Only works with battle systems that allow multiple actions per turn. That means systems like Yanfly's ATB, CTB, and STB, and Moghunter's ATB will NOT work, but Victor's ATB will.

Terms of Use
Free and commercial use and redistribution (under MIT License).

v1.2.1 - Hot fix (2020-05-04)
  • Fixed an issue with YEP_BattleEngineCore that cause actor and enemy selection to visually appear as if the user is selecting all targets when the first selected skill while multicasting targets all actors/enemies.
  • The Finish Command will no longer show for multicast types 1 and 2 as it doesn't serve any purpose.
  • Adjusted skill window logic.
v1.2.0 - Feature update (2020-05-02)
  • New features:
    • Actors can now have multicast always active as a state
    • Using multicast type 1 and 2 will now show the right skill cost when activated (e.g. Double cast 10MP = 20MP, Triple cast 10MP = 30MP)
    • While multicasting, you can now finish skill selection early (e.g. choose two skills while triple casting).
  • Compatibility: Now compatible with YEP_X_SkillCostItems's item costs
  • Bug fix: Actually fixed a bug that failed to properly reset an actor's action when canceling a multicast.
v1.1.1 - Bug fix
  • Fixed a bug that failed to properly reset an actor's action when canceling a multicast.
  • Canceling multicast now refreshes the skill window rather than going back to the actor command window.
v1.1 - Feature update
  • New feature: Different Multicast types

v1.0 - Initial
  • Initial release

Attachments

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@dingk Although it is not required, you might like to include in your terms whether or not this plugin can be reposted elsewhere. I know a lot of plugin/script writers don't allow it because then you can get any number of out of date versions floating around the internet, so they specify that instead, people should link back to their own post (in your case, back to this thread).

dingk

Long-time Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, thanks, updating the post.

ave36

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does it allow for Final Fantasy VIII style Double/Triple: two or three iterations of the same skill on different targets but no casting two different skills?

dingk

Long-time Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does it allow for Final Fantasy VIII style Double/Triple: two or three iterations of the same skill on different targets but no casting two different skills?
It works more like FFV dualcast. In theory you can make it like FFVIII double by doing making multiple Multicast skills and locking each to one skill each, but that might look a little sloppy if you have a lot of skills.

EDIT: I updated the plugin, so you can do FFVIII-style double casting now!

Last edited:

SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey man
great plugin, been getting this effect via state's but i like how you can select different skill's at once. unfortunately it's not compatible with some of the plugins i use. No error's, nothing in console...i can select my dual cast skill and then go on to select x amount of skill's but only performs the skill once. ive tried various positions for plugin, still no luck! ill defiantly be keeping my eye on this plugin though! thanks and great job bro!

dingk

Long-time Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey man
great plugin, been getting this effect via state's but i like how you can select different skill's at once. unfortunately it's not compatible with some of the plugins i use. No error's, nothing in console...i can select my dual cast skill and then go on to select x amount of skill's but only performs the skill once. ive tried various positions for plugin, still no luck! ill defiantly be keeping my eye on this plugin though! thanks and great job bro!
Do you mind posting a list of plugins you're using to see if I can replicate it?

SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
man, i use alot of plugin's...victor's, mog hunters and on top of that all of yanfly's. i dont expect and want you to go out of all your way to try and make a fix just for me lol but thankyou though, ill try it again soon. also using 1.6.2?

dingk

Long-time Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Didn't post an update for v1.1 so I'll do it now.

v1.1 - Feature update
  • You can now choose a Multicast type.
    • 0 - Select and cast multiple skills at once.
    • 1 - Select only one skill, casts it multiple times, each with its own target selection.
    • 2 - Select only one skill, casts it multiple times, but cannot select different targets.
v1.1.1 - Bug fix
  • Fixed a bug that failed to properly reset an actor's action when canceling a multicast.
  • Canceling multicast now refreshes the skill window rather than going back to the actor command window.
Also, to clarify, this plugin only works with battle systems that allow multiple actions per turn. I have tested Yanfly's ATB, CTB, and STB, and Moghunter's ATB, and none of these support multiple actions.
This plugin is compatible with Victor Engine ATB since it supports multiple actions.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any chance of adding an option to set this as a passive state?

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your plugin requires that a skill be used to activate the effect. I'm talking about having an option to set this ability as a state (passive state) so that its always active as long as that character has that state (and Passive States are permanent by nature).

The reason I need a passive state version is because I'm using Yanfly's Attachable Augments (which works similar to FF7's Materia & FFX's Auto-Abilities). In order to set these Multicast abilities to an Augment, it needs to be in a passive state. That way I can just have the Augment give the character a Multicast Passive State.

dingk

Long-time Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Animebryan I added multicast to be available as a state. Check it out and let me know if you find any issues.

v1.2 - Feature update (2020-05-02)
  • New features:
    • Actors can now have multicast always active as a state
    • Using multicast type 1 and 2 will now show the right skill cost when activated (e.g. Double cast 10MP = 20MP, Triple cast 10MP = 30MP)
    • While multicasting, you can now finish skill selection early (e.g. choose two skills while triple casting).
  • Compatibility: Now compatible with YEP_X_SkillCostItems's item costs
  • Bug fix: Actually fixed a bug that failed to properly reset an actor's action when canceling a multicast.

dingk

Long-time Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
v1.2.1 - Hot fix (2020-05-04)
  • Fixed an issue with YEP_BattleEngineCore that cause actor and enemy selection to visually appear as if the user is selecting all targets when the first selected skill while multicasting targets all actors/enemies.
  • The Finish Command will no longer show for multicast types 1 and 2 as it doesn't serve any purpose.
  • Adjusted skill window logic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.
The only thing getting me through today so far is coffee. And lots of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerLaPux