Multicast

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by dingk, Jul 5, 2019.

1. dingk

dingk Long-time Lurker Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Multicast v1.1.1
    Author: dingk
    RMMV version 1.6.2
    Introduction
    This plugin allows an actor to cast more than one skill in the same turn like in the Final Fantasy series.
    To perform a multicast, first select the Multicast skill, then select multiple skills in the same window, provided that you meet the skill costs.

Download
    Right-click > Save As

How to Use
    Download plugin and save it to your "js/plugins/" folder.
    In the Plugin Manager, import dingk_Multicast.js (might be located at the bottom of the dropdown) and save your project.
    In the Database, create a new skill and add the notetag below.
    (See example below).

Plugin Parameters
    Multicast Type
    - Determines the default multicast type that is applied to all Multicast skills.
    - 0 - Select and cast multiple skills at once.
    - 1 - Select only one skill, casts it multiple times, each with its own target selection.
    - 2 - Select only one skill, casts it multiple times, but cannot select different targets.

Notetags
    Code:
    <Multicast x: y, y ... >
    <Multicast x: y to z>
    Lets the skill activate Multicasting.
    x - The number of skills that can be selected
    y, z - The skill IDs associated with the multicast
    Code:
    <Multicast Type: x>
    Sets the skill to be a certain multicast type.

[​IMG]
    Creates the Dualcast skill, allowing the player to select skill IDs 8 to 10 (Heal, Fire, Spark) two times.

Compatibility
    Won't work with plugins that allow custom skill costs (yet).
    For now, works with YEP_SkillCore.
    Only works with battle systems that allow multiple actions per turn. This means it is not compatible with Yanfly's ATB, CTB, and STB, and Moghunter's ATB. Compatible with Victor's ATB.

Terms of Use
    Free and commercial use and redistribution (under MIT License).

v1.1.1 - Bug fix
    - Fixed a bug that failed to properly reset an actor's action when canceling a multicast.
    - Canceling multicast now refreshes the skill window rather than going back to the actor command window.

v1.1 - Feature update
    - New feature: Different Multicast types

v1.0 - Initial
    - Initial release

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    atoms, Kazami and SoSick. like this.
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @dingk Although it is not required, you might like to include in your terms whether or not this plugin can be reposted elsewhere. I know a lot of plugin/script writers don't allow it because then you can get any number of out of date versions floating around the internet, so they specify that instead, people should link back to their own post (in your case, back to this thread).

3. dingk

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OK, thanks, updating the post.

4. ave36

ave36 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does it allow for Final Fantasy VIII style Double/Triple: two or three iterations of the same skill on different targets but no casting two different skills?

atoms likes this.
  5. dingk

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It works more like FFV dualcast. In theory you can make it like FFVIII double by doing making multiple Multicast skills and locking each to one skill each, but that might look a little sloppy if you have a lot of skills.

EDIT: I updated the plugin, so you can do FFVIII-style double casting now!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    atoms likes this.
  6. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey man
    great plugin, been getting this effect via state's but i like how you can select different skill's at once. unfortunately it's not compatible with some of the plugins i use. No error's, nothing in console...i can select my dual cast skill and then go on to select x amount of skill's but only performs the skill once. ive tried various positions for plugin, still no luck! ill defiantly be keeping my eye on this plugin though! thanks and great job bro!

7. dingk

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you mind posting a list of plugins you're using to see if I can replicate it?

8. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    man, i use alot of plugin's...victor's, mog hunters and on top of that all of yanfly's. i dont expect and want you to go out of all your way to try and make a fix just for me lol but thankyou though, ill try it again soon. also using 1.6.2?

9. dingk

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Didn't post an update for v1.1 so I'll do it now.

v1.1 - Feature update
    • You can now choose a Multicast type.
      • 0 - Select and cast multiple skills at once.
      • 1 - Select only one skill, casts it multiple times, each with its own target selection.
      • 2 - Select only one skill, casts it multiple times, but cannot select different targets.
    v1.1.1 - Bug fix
    • Fixed a bug that failed to properly reset an actor's action when canceling a multicast.
    • Canceling multicast now refreshes the skill window rather than going back to the actor command window.
    Also, to clarify, this plugin only works with battle systems that allow multiple actions per turn. I have tested Yanfly's ATB, CTB, and STB, and Moghunter's ATB, and none of these support multiple actions.
    This plugin is compatible with Victor Engine ATB since it supports multiple actions.