Multiclass System

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Due to request by Tyler.Kendrick, I am requesting a multiclass system script to go with his Data Levels script for character levels separate from class levels.

While I would normally use Yanfly's Class System script, it's incompatible with Tyler.Kendrick's script, as it doesn't seem rigged to handle characters having BOTH their own levels as well as class levels.

The main things I'm interested in for this script are compatibility with Tyler.Kendrick's script, as well as a level of user-friendliness similar to Yanfly's class system. The system can include support for subclasses, but isn't *absolutely* necessary, despite the fact that I'd like it.

Tyler.Kendrick's script adds a means to give characters levels separate from class level, basing their stats on that instead of the class level, yet allowing them to still have levels for their classes as well.

It does not provide a means to switch classes without an event or another script, but its nature makes Yanfly's Class System incompatible with it, since Yanfly's script was designed in such a way that it can have either character levels or class levels, with them being mutually exclusive.

Yanfly's Class System script has the following features, which Tyler's script does not (as far as I'm aware):

• It adds a menu where players can select a character's class out of ones unlocked for that character.
  • Icons can be set and displayed in the menu for each class.
  • The ability to switch Primary and Subclasses can each be set to only enable via unlock, instead of being available by default.
  • Classes can either be unlocked by default via notetags on an actor, or on an "unlock X class(s) for Y actor" basis via script call.
  • Subclasses can also be used and configured in script to determine what characters will inherit from slotting them as subclasses.
  • Subclass inheritance can include a percentage of its stats contributed to the character when slotted, whether a character can use the class' equip types (if not already available), as well as if and what skills are made available from a class when slotted as a subclass.
  • An expansion script allows any class can be configured via notetags to either be primary class only, subclass only, or either/or. (Classes are either/or by default.)
  • Another expansion script also allows for classes to unlock other classes on reaching particular levels, such as two classes needing to reach level 15 to unlock a third.
What I'd like - depending on whether it would be easier/simpler to make Yanfly's script compatible or make an entirely new script - is the following:

• Menu for selecting a character's class (or subclass) out of ones unlocked.
  • Option to set an icon for each class, which can be displayed in class or status menus.
  • Ability to unlock classes for specific characters either by default or via script call.
  • Ability to unlock classes for characters based on developer-defined level milestones with other classes' and/or character's levels.
  • Option to allow for subclasses, with configuration options on what a class will contribute when slotted as a subclass. (For example, a percentage of its stat growth pattern, and if it will unlock its equip types and/or skills.)
  • Option to set a class as either primary or subclass only.
EDIT: Post updated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1) Why not him do the request?

2) Link to the "Data Levels" script?

3) Link to Yanfly's in case somebody could just edit that?

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1) Why not him do the request?

2) Link to the "Data Levels" script?

3) Link to Yanfly's in case somebody could just edit that?
1) That's what I was thinking of doing, however he specifically asked me to put a thread up for it.

2) It's in [here] on post [#11]

3) Yanfly Class System

I'll also be editing the original post to make it clearer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Would you be brave enough to explore an ancient dungeon filled with treasures?
Uh, and skulls; don't forget the skulls.
I can't believe that there are streamers playing my game! This is so amazing!

New starting map, hope it's better than the first.
new evolutions coming soon:ewink:
Oddball wrote on The_Sarah's profile.
Today: started the Army HQ. I opted for a bulky, heavy design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thecooked1