aaronjmcd2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi guys,

I've been looking around and I've been having a hard time understanding how to create a cut scene where simultaneous movement is happening from multiple characters in a cut scene.  So, one character might be on a certain movement path, and others eventually enter on their own movement path, and so on.  I read "Events Aren't NPCs..." blog post.  It didn't clearly answer the question for me.  But maybe I missed something. 

Ramiro

Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Uncheck the "wait for end of movement" in the character moving command for all but the last character moving (wich should be the one with the longest animation) all the characters should be moving at the same time with that.

If they do cicles, just put loop movement, for those characters, but keep in mind you may want to stop them for doing that afterwards with another movement command.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check the Blog article called Events Are Not NPCs: The Biggest Mistake in Cutscene Events

It's under the Hints & Tips section, and may be a page or two back now.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have you ever had the problem of not knowing how to name your game?
I tried to draw it to keep the aspect ratio of 48*48
It doesn't look good, but I'm not sure if there are other ways to render larger characters. and then maintain the sharpness or not
SF_Enemy1_6 added!
index.php

Just thought I'd share how my battlers are looking for my 4 main characters. From left to right... Ashlyn the brave fighter, Lizzabelle the peaceful mage, Suki the thief, Saedra the not-so-peaceful mage.

pLZHVLI.png
Power to the Game Make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lehma