Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hewwo! I need major help! I'm making a game in which the player gets to use several different characters, each in their own little "chapters" of the story. I don't "know" exactly "how" to "do" this, but that's why I have you guys, the great RPG Maker forumers, if that's how you say it. Thank you for any and all help, I know someone must have done the same thing. 

Much Thanks.....Again,

IndecisiveEevee  :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If they are different chapters (played one after another), simply remove the actors of the old chapter and add the new one with event commands when your story comes to the chapter break.

If you want the player to switch between them at will (not waiting for the chapter break), use Zsukihime's Player script.

However, for the second option you should have some experience with working with RM because scripting can be tricky - and if you don't know the event commands to change your party yet, that indicates that you need that experience first.

I suggest following the link in my signature as the event command to remove or add actors is rather basic.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks! I've been waiting literally three hours for an answer, and I guess I'll try this. Sorry if my post was an inconvenience, I'm pretty much a n00b, having three posts and yet no replies of my own. Thanks though! You've been great help!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, your post wasn't an inconvenience - we are here to help. But you might be disappointed if you continue to expect answers within hours - this community is small, and if the answer isn't easy it might be that you have to wait quite a while before someone who knows the answer comes along.

That is reflected in the forum rules that require you to wait 72 hours (three days, not three hours) before bumping a question up again...

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here
Mr_Petue wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Mr_Petue wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Uploaded a new Video today where I play Minecraft "The Bridge" please check it out & let me know what you think of it!
I normally only post these every 24 hours, but same-sex marriage is coming to Rune Factory 5 and I just wanted to share it with the world! https://www.xseedgames.com/2021/09/23/rune-factory-5-localization-blog-2/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordRnginu