Multiple hit drain HP/MP amount incorrectly displayed.

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you hit multiple enemies with a drain MP skill, the damage popup will be incorrect.

e.g.

Enemy 1: 5 MP

Enemy 2: 50 MP

when draining full MP, the popup will be: 5 and 5, or 50 and 50, depending on the enemy order.

How can we display the two proper amounts? Or perhaps add up the amounts instead of showing separate popups.

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
From what I can tell from just making a MP draining skill that targets all just now is that it cannot drain more MP than the enemy currently has.  I set my drain spell to drain 50 MP, and had enemies with 15, 25, 40, and 60 MP in the battle, and the 1st time I used the spell it drained the 15, 25, 40, and 50 MP from the enemies, and the 2nd time it did nothing to the 1st three, as they no longer had any MP to drain, but it did drain the remaining 10 MP from the last enemy. Seems to be working as intended.

As for the showing combined popups you would need some kind of plugin for that, but it wouldn't be easy as each hit is calculated on its own, so it will have its own set of popups for each target (or hit if its multi-hit).

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but thats about it sadly :/

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure how that related to what I posted, though. D:

The problem is that I get incorrect popup numbers. Even though each hit is calculated on its own, the actual popup number will be the same.

So in your case, instead of getting the popup:

I would get the popup

or 

Does that make sense? o_O

How do your popups look in this case?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The popups that show cannot be higher than the MP an enemy has, so you would have to give all your enemies a LOT of MP so the values would always be the same when the skill is used. If the skill is set to drain 10 MP from every enemy with no variance it will always drain 10 MP from every enemy and give the user 10 MP for each enemy hit.  Once they no longer have enough MP it will change to showing that value... 5MP left? only 5 MP drained/gained. 0 MP? No effect at all.

If I'm still not understanding the problem how about showing your damage formula or even screenshot of the skill page? :D  That would probably help a lot with understanding!

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Are you using any battle plugins?

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Been thinking and I figured I would toss out all the options I can think of for the damage formulas for MP drains without being too complicated.

If you want it to drain all of the targets MP then the formula should be " b.mmp ". 

If you are wanting a drain that does a percentage of the targets MaxMP is would be " b.mmp*0.15 " (drains 15% of the targets MaxMP). 

If you want it to drain all of the targets remaining MP it would be " b.mp ".

If you want it to drain a percentage of the targets remaining MP it would be " b.mp*0.25 " (draining 25% of the remaining MP).

If you want a set value drained you just simply put in a number to drain in the formula box and its done.

All of these example show the proper values based on the enemies MP, and also show the right popup value on the Caster as well, just remember that eventually all these WILL eventually have no effect once the targets MP reaches 0 or the target has no MP from the start.

EDIT: for the percentage formulas you can set it to whatever you like, but keep it in the decimal form. Secondly what Tsukihime asked is a good question as well... my testing has been on Default and Yanflys battle engines so far, so I know both of those work.

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The popups that show cannot be higher than the MP an enemy has, so you would have to give all your enemies a LOT of MP so the values would always be the same when the skill is used. If the skill is set to drain 10 MP from every enemy with no variance it will always drain 10 MP from every enemy and give the user 10 MP for each enemy hit.  Once they no longer have enough MP it will change to showing that value... 5MP left? only 5 MP drained/gained. 0 MP? No effect at all.

If I'm still not understanding the problem how about showing your damage formula or even screenshot of the skill page? :D  That would probably help a lot with understanding!
Yep, I know. Sorry, maybe I'm not being clear. XD

This is the issue. It should say 5 and 56 above the player, not 56 and 56.

Are you using any battle plugins?
I'm using Yanfly's Battle Core engine.

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Been thinking and I figured I would toss out all the options I can think of for the damage formulas for MP drains without being too complicated.

If you want it to drain all of the targets MP then the formula should be " b.mmp ". 

If you are wanting a drain that does a percentage of the targets MaxMP is would be " b.mmp*0.15 " (drains 15% of the targets MaxMP). 

If you want it to drain all of the targets remaining MP it would be " b.mp ".

If you want it to drain a percentage of the targets remaining MP it would be " b.mp*0.25 " (draining 25% of the remaining MP).

If you want a set value drained you just simply put in a number to drain in the formula box and its done.

All of these example show the proper values based on the enemies MP, and also show the right popup value on the Caster as well, just remember that eventually all these WILL eventually have no effect once the targets MP reaches 0 or the target has no MP from the start.
Let me try one of these! 1 sec.

Edit: Nope, no difference. :/

I tried "b.mp" but then I just get 100 100 instead of 100 5.

Thanks though. :)

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
take a screenshot of the skill page in the database if you would, cause that shouldn't be happening, lol xD

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The amount that is actually restored is correct, just the popup displayed is wrong. ^_^

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm, I just made an exact clone of that and its working fine for me... umm... o_O

I'm running out of time before I have to leave for a bit, but I'll keep thinking til I either have an idea or run out of time.

Are you using another plugin that allows damage popups to happen faster or at the same time? If so there may be an issue with it wanting to only register the 1st hit for drains for some reason for the Actor Popups. that is the only other idea that immediately comes to mind.

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm, I just made an exact clone of that and its working fine for me... umm... o_O

I'm running out of time before I have to leave for a bit, but I'll keep thinking til I either have an idea or run out of time.

Are you using another plugin that allows damage popups to happen faster or at the same time? If so there may be an issue with it wanting to only register the 1st hit for drains for some reason for the Actor Popups. that is the only other idea that immediately comes to mind.
I don't think so. o_O Are you using Yanfly's as well? Would you happen to know which function is in charge of the popups so I can check it out in other plugins?

No rush. ^_^ Thanks for helping.

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am at a loss after looking through my plugins to see where popups and Draining effects are possibly changed, so I'm probably not gonna be much more help, sadly :/ I have literally tried everything I can think of short of asking you to slowly disable 1 plugin at a time and test the skill and hope that lets you find the one causing problems.

here is a link to my copy of your skill in action, you can watch it or download the vid if you want, but you can see that the damage on both the actor and enemy are the same values.

https://www.mediafire.com/?oupn6114i204w9q

and with that, I am out of time for a while, so Ill check back later to see if you have had any luck :D

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm using Yanfly's Battle Core engine.
This sounds like a bug then. The default battle system doesn't support attacking multiple targets at the same time; they are all evaluated one by one.

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This sounds like a bug then. The default battle system doesn't support attacking multiple targets at the same time; they are all evaluated one by one.
Well yeah, it is a bug. :p

So should I post it in Yanfly's topic then or?

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am at a loss after looking through my plugins to see where popups and Draining effects are possibly changed, so I'm probably not gonna be much more help, sadly :/ I have literally tried everything I can think of short of asking you to slowly disable 1 plugin at a time and test the skill and hope that lets you find the one causing problems.

here is a link to my copy of your skill in action, you can watch it or download the vid if you want, but you can see that the damage on both the actor and enemy are the same values.

https://www.mediafire.com/?oupn6114i204w9q

and with that, I am out of time for a while, so Ill check back later to see if you have had any luck :D
Thanks. :)

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Go through all your plugins and disable one at a time and see if you can figure out which one exactly is causing the problem would probably be a first good step :)

It may be a bit tedious/annoying, but anytime I've had an odd bug it helped me find it and squish it.

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Go through all your plugins and disable one at a time and see if you can figure out which one exactly is causing the problem would probably be a first good step :)

It may be a bit tedious/annoying, but anytime I've had an odd bug it helped me find it and squish it.
Yanfly's Battle Core. xD

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have you made any edits to it, and is it up-to-date?  I won't lie... mine is not up to date, but that's cause I've been working on many other things and will get around to the newest version when I'm done with my database, lol

Dear lord just checked and Im still pimping version 1.10!  I'm just a few behind.............

When I get back from the morning routine I'll update to the latest version and see if I can figure out what is wrong. :D

EDIT: I went ahead and updated since I did have a few minutes and the MP Drain effect is working just fine for me with the 1.25d, and the only thing I have edited in my Battle Core is fixing the Counter Attack bug... that has nothing to do with MP though.

EDIT 2: Was the Battle Core the 1st plugin you tried removing or one of the last? Also, could you also take a screenshot of your plugin order from the editor?  Just tossing out more ideas to check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoetSmith