Multiple Inventories

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Ever needed to manage multiple inventories? For example, you have two actors in your game, but they are in two different locations. To make this more realistic, you would like each actor to have their own inventories, such as their own weapons, armors, items, and gold.

This plugin provides functionality that will allow you to manage your inventories using events!

When you're switching between actors during your game, you can also switch the current active inventory, and the game will handle all of it for you.

Do your actors come together later on? You can also merge their inventories together with a simple command.

More information and downloads are available at HimeWorks
Originally requested by Andreas and datmellow

Last edited by a moderator:

Haydeos

The Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been waiting for you to upgrade this from Ace to MV! :p

:thumbsup-right:

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm, I was actually considering the possibility of this very concept for my own project, but I thought "nah, this won't be one I'll share, because how many people would ever even use it?"

Apparently, enough people that two other people requested Hime make it.

Okay then, saves me a plugin to write. (This is free to use in potentially-commercial projects, right?)

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hm, I was actually considering the possibility of this very concept for my own project, but I thought "nah, this won't be one I'll share, because how many people would ever even use it?"

Apparently, enough people that two other people requested Hime make it.

Okay then, saves me a plugin to write. (This is free to use in potentially-commercial projects, right?)
Terms of use are included in the plugin. It is free for use in non-commercial games as long as credits are provided.

For commercial use you would have to contact me so that I can get more information about what you're planning to do and so on.

alberthk

EM[P]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
. . .hi, hime. can this make a storage like system? :)

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
. . .hi, hime. can this make a storage like system? :)
If there was a way for you to move items from one inventory to another, yes, you could treat a particular inventory as a "storage".

I'm not sure how you might do that at the moment.

alberthk

EM[P]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
If there was a way for you to move items from one inventory to another, yes, you could treat a particular inventory as a "storage".

I'm not sure how you might do that at the moment.
. . .i'll try it now and see if it works. . .if it does, then hail your plugins. . .

. . .it didn't work as expected. . .i can't get a way to choose items and save the chosen items that will be moved to another inventory. . .

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hime is there a way to have parallel inventories with this plugin, like in the Mother games

Ringtale Games

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm, are we able to split an initial inventory?

For example:

The main characters are together the whole time, then one gets stranded on and island, the main party keeps all of the items, and the stranded person starts with a new one.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
. . .i'll try it now and see if it works. . .if it does, then hail your plugins. . .

. . .it didn't work as expected. . .i can't get a way to choose items and save the chosen items that will be moved to another inventory. . .
I will add a way to move items/gold from one inventory to another.

Though, I'm not sure if that will make it any easier.

You're right, the problem is that it's not obvious how one would ask players to choose an item from their inventory.

Hime is there a way to have parallel inventories with this plugin, like in the Mother games
 What are "parallel inventories"?

How do they work?

Hmmm, are we able to split an initial inventory?

For example:

The main characters are together the whole time, then one gets stranded on and island, the main party keeps all of the items, and the stranded person starts with a new one.
Yes.

Let's say you started with "main" as your initial inventory, where both actors are together.

Then, when one person gets stranded, you would simply create a new inventory by switching to it. We'll call it "stranded"

switch_inventory strandedThis will automatically create a new inventory with that name.Of course, once the stranded person makes their way back to the main party, you would just merge the inventories together

Code:
merge_inventory stranded into main

Ringtale Games

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will add a way to move items/gold from one inventory to another.

Though, I'm not sure if that will make it any easier.

You're right, the problem is that it's not obvious how one would ask players to choose an item from their inventory.

What are "parallel inventories"?

How do they work?

Yes.

Let's say you started with "main" as your initial inventory, where both actors are together.

Then, when one person gets stranded, you would simply create a new inventory by switching to it. We'll call it "stranded"

switch_inventory strandedThis will automatically create a new inventory with that name.Of course, once the stranded person makes their way back to the main party, you would just merge the inventories together

merge_inventory stranded into main
Perfection! Thank you so much for this awesome plugin! This is literally opening up a way more detailed version of a huge plotline split i was going to have in my game. It'll also allow for some more realism in my sidequests. YASSS

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
A parallel inventory would be something like this

Essentially, every party member has their own little inventories. In battle only that party member can access their own inventory and in the field, items can be traded from party member to party member. For context of how i want to use it, is for a game where party members can be recruited on a daily basis and each has their own item bags. 

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
A parallel inventory would be something like this

Essentially, every party member has their own little inventories. In battle only that party member can access their own inventory and in the field, items can be traded from party member to party member. For context of how i want to use it, is for a game where party members can be recruited on a daily basis and each has their own item bags.
Unfortunately, no, this plugin does not change the way inventories are handled for each actor.

Inventories are still party-based, and during battle all actors will be pulling items from the party inventory.

Different kind of work would be required to change it so that all actors will hold their own inventory.

cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you Hime! been waiting for this MV port  BD

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome! Hope to see this with your Player Switch and Party Regroup scripts from Ace.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Unfortunately, no, this plugin does not change the way inventories are handled for each actor.

Inventories are still party-based, and during battle all actors will be pulling items from the party inventory.

Different kind of work would be required to change it so that all actors will hold their own inventory.
You should make a plugin that causes actors to hold their own inventories!

Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hoping someone is watching this thread, I have some questions.

In the plugin, I'm able to set the name of the default inventory. What is the default inventory? What items are in it? How can I choose the items that I want in it? For my needs, I'd like that set aside as a completely empty inventory to switch to on death with the game's starting inventory defined in the editor, but I'm not sure how to start (or more accurately, not start) the plugin at game start.

The plugin help says I can name multiple inventories. Where is this handled? Does the plugin command just accept whatever name I put in it as being its own inventory? How are the inventories assigned to various actors? This is just a matter of curiosity for me as my project will only use a single actor.

Kratraklar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I'm trying to use this plugin after making an engine to change party-member teams. I just made 2 teams.

But it's not compatible with at least 6 plugins I have. SmartPath, TerraxLightning, CraftingSystem, Quest system, EnemyBook and Tinygetinfowindow. And maybe more.

There's no other way to just save the items the inventory has and load it later, without using a variable for each item?

thanks

Last edited:

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I'm trying to use this plugin after making an engine to change party-member teams. I just made 2 teams.

But it's not compatible with at least 6 plugins I have. SmartPath, TerraxLightning, CraftingSystem, Quest system, EnemyBook and Tinygetinfowindow. And maybe more.

There's no other way to just save the items the inventory has and load it later, without using a variable for each item?

thanks
I mean if you just need items and not gold you can use Waynee95 Storage System. And just use the storage for the unused party items.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

X[ oh gawd.... I dropped my super expensive laptop on my hard tile floor! It still comes on and all, but now Im worried its gunna start screwing up in the near future.... I hope not, cant afford to replace stuff like that. :(
I wrote a nice animated preloading system for mv+mz today. It only supports graphic assets atm, should it support audio too? See it in action in my recent minigame @
I posted my first commercial game on the forums, and now waiting for approval.
fingers crossed.
TMW the air quality is so bad, your hair changes color every time you wash it. :LZYyuck:
Finished two animations today. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gesonel