Cr1t1cal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey I was wondering if someone could convert an vx ace script to a mv plugin?

The script I would like converting is Multiple Map layers by vlue;

The reason I would like this script converting is that it's not like the other layer plugins for mv.

It's main function is to overlay one map on top of another map from notes, it used to help combat vx aces limited layers but I believe it would help greatly on mv as well but not just as a way to gain extra layers.

1st example could be to use it to create the seasons overlay like snow half covering trees,  rooftiles covered in snow, frozen lakes for winter.

Orange/browning of trees in autumn slight change in grass color ect.

Each season could have a actual different look and feel with out having to make every tree a event.

And maybe have events on npc to say different things on different seasons or make it a lot easier to have event set on different seasons via map layers

And just call the layer by season it could be done with mogs timesystem using the $gameSystem.time_system.season_name even 

2nd example could be say your making a sci-fi game and one of you maps is the inside of your ship, instead of blacking out the outside you could have it show map terrain and have the map terrain change every place you visit to match the surface.

You could also maybe add a map offset feature to plugin so it could be used like himes overlay script for vx ace

I think this script would make a great addition to mv

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
which one from Ace?  A link to the thread would be helpful (I'm not going to do this, but if anyone takes it on it will be easier if they have a reference).  Have you checked with Hime, who I think wrote the Ace script, to see if an MV version is planned?

Wookiee420

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Galv wrote one for MV

Cr1t1cal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Edited to post

Last edited by a moderator:

Vito The Boss

Someone better than you, or will become
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
Ok...so, I'm not a good scripter, and convert a script to plugin, it's not simple, but I give it a shoot!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cr1t1cal When bumping after you were suggested a solution, you should at least tell why you don't use that solution (that was pointed out to you on Dec28 last year),

Only if you point out something that you need and that isn't included in that script you'll have a chance of getting it right with another plugin.

Cr1t1cal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Andar I replied on why that plugin is no good as it doesn't layer a map over another map like I asked. But i edited it into main post.

And also no other layer based plugin for mv overlays a map with another.

Also no idea on what you mean by "have a chance of getting it right with another script".

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Nearly done with the topmost deck of the SS Astrale Symphonie (she's got a name at last!). Still needs a lot of work but at least now it is vaguely recognizable as a ship deck. Working at a snail's pace but it's coming together. :kaopride:
Screenshot-2022-06-30-104933.png
Letting people know I'm debating leaving RM, and thus this forum. I'll continue to keep in touch with any friends I've made here, but between Unity being better suited to my needs and people on here getting increasingly horrible, I think switching my games to Unity might be better for my mental health.
Lord Vectra wrote on lianderson's profile.
*poke* Hello. Not suprised to see you here, but I didn't know you was here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DP-404