Multiple Parallax/Layers with independent movement from each other.

NatuElChido

Rookie Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I will be direct this time since this question maybe is already answer and I haven't still find it, but, I'm working in Parallax maping, using Kaus ultimate overlay plugin, and is something incredible :D
But, I was wondering if you can make the layers move diferently in relation to actors/characters, to make the ilusion of depth and perspective (Kinda like Octopath map does).

Thanks in advance, have a wonderful day.

NatuElChido

Rookie Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, Mode 7 kinda does it for now, I will test and see if this does the trick, thanks :)
Still looking for the part where the "layers" can move at different rates, but maybe I do it :)

trapless

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OP is asking to change scroll rates on parallax layers impenitently to adjust depth affect, not another rendering engine.

also, to OP:
Kaus had been identified as Hanzo, and he had continued his old practice of credit theft and charging for edits claiming them his own. That is why he had been banned again and why that plugin was suggested to not be used. Orange overlay was programmed as a replacement that uses the same commands as Kaus plugin.
bummer huh..

Last edited:

Sugor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@trapless, @NatuElChido said something like octopatch so i refer that engines to Natu because if Natu can somehow study it and make an illusion he was asking that will solved his problem. octopath is something like Mode7

NatuElChido

Rookie Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Both are right. Mode 7 is something like I'm looking to, but I still yet to find a way to make parallaxes having different movement rates.
I put Octopath as an example, because as you can see in this image, the blurry tree moves very fast because is "near" the camera, I cannot do this in Mode 7 (without using like, parallel events), so I'm still yet to find a solution to this.

My b for not explaining that clearly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally did a test of sorts for the opening of my game... ... including this shot here.
My current status!?
It might be... QUAKE!!! :o
At least that was true several hours ago. :p
Quexp wrote on Shaz's profile.
I absolutely love your profile/pic! :kaoluv:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hnhat