Multiple Piece Enemy issues

Finmide

Automaton
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I was making an enemy that has multiple pieces to it (head, torso, l arm, r arm, tail) and each one attacks separately. However I only want the battle to end once the torso is defeated and I made a makeshift disable mechanic for the other parts. But the issue is in order for the disable mechanic to work it requires the other parts to resist dead. But of course this causes the issue of the other parts not going away once the torso is dead making an endless unwinnable battle. I was hoping someone would have a way to fix this issue.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Couldn't you just make a troop event that ends the battle once the torso is defeated?

(Don't mind event pages 1 and 2)

dd.png

Finmide

Automaton
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Couldn't you just make a troop event that ends the battle once the torso is defeated?

(Don't mind event pages 1 and 2)

View attachment 165599
I tried doing it to give them dead status at the end but it does not work since they resist it as giving them resistance to dead was the only way I could think of to prevent them from dying and being removed from the battle. Unless if there is some other way of doing that without giving dead resist.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well that's why you remove the dead resist first, as you could see in the picture I attached.

Edit: This of course only works if you put the dead resist on the enemies via a state and not as an "enemy trait".

Basically, at the start of the battle, you apply a state to all pieces except the torso that make them immune to death. And if the torso dies, you remove the dead resist state from all pieces and apply the death state afterwards.

Last edited:

Finmide

Automaton
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
alright I will try that

Finmide

Automaton
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Well that's why you remove the dead resist first, as you could see in the picture I attached.

Edit: This of course only works if you put the dead resist on the enemies via a state and not as an "enemy trait".

Basically, at the start of the battle, you apply a state to all pieces except the torso that make them immune to death. And if the torso dies, you remove the dead resist state from all pieces and apply the death state afterwards.
So I tested this and it is not working for me. They for some reason still die and get removed separately when they hit 0 instead of going into the disabled state.

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
There is a "Not Dissapear" collapse effect. Add a state that applies it to the limbs and remove it during the body death event maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Once again working on a game I'm not sure I'm going to sell or even publish
That feel when you're awake past midnight and suddenly you're one year older :ninja:
I miss collaborations, but I don't know how to find someone to make face parts just to share them with others, and even though I don't like writing or music, I can't trust anyone with writing on my game because it has themes that are easy to mess up, and music needs a clear tone and scenes.
People donating to me for my upcoming birthday so I can pay my team a little. Such angels, I'm so happy. T uT I smile so much my face hurts. Good souls in this world.
Playing Ragnarok Online again is very nostalgic. The last time I played it was 20 years ago, when I was ten-twelve old.
My first mmorpg.^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dashstop