Multiple Piece Enemy issues

Finmide

Automaton
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I was making an enemy that has multiple pieces to it (head, torso, l arm, r arm, tail) and each one attacks separately. However I only want the battle to end once the torso is defeated and I made a makeshift disable mechanic for the other parts. But the issue is in order for the disable mechanic to work it requires the other parts to resist dead. But of course this causes the issue of the other parts not going away once the torso is dead making an endless unwinnable battle. I was hoping someone would have a way to fix this issue.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Couldn't you just make a troop event that ends the battle once the torso is defeated?

(Don't mind event pages 1 and 2)

dd.png

Finmide

Automaton
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Couldn't you just make a troop event that ends the battle once the torso is defeated?

(Don't mind event pages 1 and 2)

View attachment 165599
I tried doing it to give them dead status at the end but it does not work since they resist it as giving them resistance to dead was the only way I could think of to prevent them from dying and being removed from the battle. Unless if there is some other way of doing that without giving dead resist.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well that's why you remove the dead resist first, as you could see in the picture I attached.

Edit: This of course only works if you put the dead resist on the enemies via a state and not as an "enemy trait".

Basically, at the start of the battle, you apply a state to all pieces except the torso that make them immune to death. And if the torso dies, you remove the dead resist state from all pieces and apply the death state afterwards.

Last edited:

Finmide

Automaton
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
alright I will try that

Finmide

Automaton
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Well that's why you remove the dead resist first, as you could see in the picture I attached.

Edit: This of course only works if you put the dead resist on the enemies via a state and not as an "enemy trait".

Basically, at the start of the battle, you apply a state to all pieces except the torso that make them immune to death. And if the torso dies, you remove the dead resist state from all pieces and apply the death state afterwards.
So I tested this and it is not working for me. They for some reason still die and get removed separately when they hit 0 instead of going into the disabled state.

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
There is a "Not Dissapear" collapse effect. Add a state that applies it to the limbs and remove it during the body death event maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasapembuatanwebsite