Multiple playable characters

Erasure2

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to have to playable characters, meaning you play as one character but at certain times you can play as another. Thanks

Hyouryuu-Na

Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yup! You can use change party members command to change the playable character and use transfer player command to move to player anywhere in the game if you need them to be anywhere else.

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe within the Event Commands, the "Change Party Members" would be what you're looking for (under Party). You can remove your main and add the secondary character to the party, meaning you'll play as that character instead.

Piyan Glupak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes. One of the games that I am working on starts with an empty party. During the starting cut scene the player chooses a Knight (out of two choices), then chooses 3 other party members from a choice of 12. As stated above, the "Change Party Members" event command works a treat. The only thing to bear in mind is not to tick the "initialize" box when adding a party member unless you want them to start as new characters, for instance, when you add them to the party for the first time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Really struggling with XP animations but my game deserves my best.
I think the characters are really too short. Should at least add a little more
Just the legs should be longer.
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist ---

Survivalist: I going to Test you: How to make the Fire.
F.Mage: That easy. (Preparing the Spell) EXPLOSIVE!!!
(an Explosion on the Wood Branch then Fire is Appeared)
F.Mage: (Proud Face) See?
Survivalist: (Angry Tone) MAGIC ISN'T ALLOWED!!!
Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thelawlgiver