sonderaway

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’ve seen threads around, but not particularly with my circumstances. Before I even start with the idea, is it possible to have a game where there are two or more “main” characters?

Basically, you’ll start as one main character and then progress to a point where you’ll switch over to another main character, and then play as your final main character. This would cycle about three times throughout the story until the pivotal point where they all meet. Additionally, each MC would gain party members of their own throughout the story.

Is all of this possible? Thanks.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you mean having multiple parties that work independently, without giving the player the ability to change them around as they want, then yes.

You can either just use Change Party Members to remove party 1 and add party 2 at the appropriate points in your game, or use a plugin that will give you full control over different parties. Depends whether you want all the equipment and items to belong to the specific party that obtained them, and if you want the player to be able to swap back and forth between the parties (not sure if plugins give you the option to allow/disallow this).

If that's what you want, say so, and we'll move this to Plugin Requests.

sonderaway

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you mean having multiple parties that work independently, without giving the player the ability to change them around as they want, then yes.

You can either just use Change Party Members to remove party 1 and add party 2 at the appropriate points in your game, or use a plugin that will give you full control over different parties. Depends whether you want all the equipment and items to belong to the specific party that obtained them, and if you want the player to be able to swap back and forth between the parties (not sure if plugins give you the option to allow/disallow this).

If that's what you want, say so, and we'll move this to Plugin Requests.
Ah, the first one sounds more like what I’m looking for! It’s not optional to the player to switch any time, the story will just force a switch to happen as it progresses. As long as each main character can have their own respective party and items, then it all works out :) Thanks!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, swapping the party around is easy as long as you know who's going to be in the party at each point (more tricky if some characters are optional and you have to check if they are/were in the party).

But then you have to also do the swapping of items, armors, weapons (which can still be done without a plugin). You might be better off seeing what plugins there are, and checking if you can prevent the player swapping back and forth at will.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.
 …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddkovi