Synchromystic

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been following the community for a long time but just now getting started with MZ, and while watching a video from Driftwood last night I noticed they were having a lot of game-breaking issues with the newest update, including that none of them were able to have more than one project open at a time (apparently that was never the case before). I'm currently trying to install some Effekseer animations where the instructions require me to copy the animations from one project to another, which is of course far easier to do if you can have both the demo project and your own project open simultaneously -- but as they mentioned, it seems I'm not allowed to do that; When I try to open a 2nd project, it asks me to save changes to the one that's currently open, and forces it to close. Am I doing something wrong, or is this supposed to be happening, and if so will it be fixed?

Last edited:

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The new update made it so that you can only have one project open. Only work around is to go to Steamapp folder, launch more than one applications, then use them to open different projects. It's a pointless restriction, to put it simply. Just hoping that if many of us rage enough, they'll listen and reverse the change.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure I understand. Launching the application multiple times has always been the only way to have multiple projects open at once. What's changed?

MechPen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Before, you used to be able to double click on the *.rmmzproject file and launch it that way. Now if there's already an MZ window open it doesn't work.

Still works in MV, btw.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz Before the recent update, we were able to open multiple projects just by clicking on the launch icon in the folder that we created our projects in. Not anymore. If we do that, we have to confirm with Steam every time we open our project. And we can't open more than one project at once, unless we go into Steamapps and launch the program more than once. Basically, we have to give Steam permission every time we open our project, or must open it directly by Steam.

Sounds confusing and complicated but it's easier to understand if you use MZ.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's doing it with MZ for me as well, and I haven't updated to the latest version yet. It's also doing it with MV and Ace.

Seems it's a Steam thing, and not an MZ thing, and they just happened around the same time.

MechPen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can safely say it does NOT do it with MV or VX Ace. I own both. As long as Steam is open, I can double click on as many *.rpgprojects or *.rvproj2 as I like and they all open. separately. Right this very second.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz You have the Steam version, correct?

Well, regardless of whether Steam or MZ is to blame, the development team should reverse the change.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm also not having any problems with Ace or MV, but am with MZ. All are through Steam.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh - I was trying to click the launch icon for the editors, not the project icon in the folder.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@mlogan Can you also post your problems in the other update thread, too? So the developers take notes many of us are having issues.
36.gif

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

xabileug wrote on thenerdmansion's profile.
TMCard - tomoaky
Hi i am currently working on a personal game using tomoaky TMCard in MV. i already have several modifications to it..

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-19-32-48.png

Rest your weary legs in the Dancing Fox Inn!
Love to kick back and gamemak at the end of the day.
yay, i finally got around adding a profile pic! :guffaw:
My imagination works faster than my development process. At least, I can take pleasure in treating it as an adventure. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariannabell