forgettablepyromaniac

Unpegged texture in living form
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello!
I've been using Reigon IDs for stepping sounds (using this tutorial), but I just learned today (while working on an overworld) that they're also used for different areas with different encounter tables and such. I wanted to ask - without having to remove the footstep sounds (I quite enjoy them), how could I make seperate sections of an overworld with different encounters while keeping the footsteps? Perhaps with multiple Regional IDs on one tile? Thanks! <3

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
on 1 tile on default is not possible, you could try with [RED_SetRegionID],
but you might also need or modify the plugin to allow arrays and see if
that works out, if it doesn't, than it wont be possible.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Unless you have a dedicated plugin designed to do so, I'd recommend against just implementing additional region IDs by expanding the value into an array. That could have unintended consequences for some of the map functions that deal with it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how about using multiple IDs for each stepping sound?

like having ID 1-10 will get the same stepping sound but different monster regions, and ID 11 will get a different stepping sound but the same region use like ID1 in the random encounters.

that will be a lot more complex to handle, but it might be the only way as some plugins react to modifications of the region ID storage.

forgettablepyromaniac

Unpegged texture in living form
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
how about using multiple IDs for each stepping sound?

like having ID 1-10 will get the same stepping sound but different monster regions, and ID 11 will get a different stepping sound but the same region use like ID1 in the random encounters.

that will be a lot more complex to handle, but it might be the only way as some plugins react to modifications of the region ID storage.
thats what I was thinking of doing, but I wanted to know if there was an easier way ahead of time before I started doing all that.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but I wanted to know if there was an easier way
there are other ways, but not neccessarily easier.

If you have too many functions on region IDs, you might have to go some other way (up to using custom plugins), but to my knowledge that would always be more complex and should only be used if the multiple ID overlap doesn't work.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

well here's that concept art!
WIN_20220812_16_53_56_Pro (2).jpg
Whaddya think? Name suggestions?
Some character designs of 'Coin Locker'.
(there may be some future designs along the process.)

Untitled1294_20220813055849.png
1660339609612.png
Really need to come up with better names for my folders.
rpgmakerxp wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, I saw you comment a google drive link to add a specific script to a kadowa plugin for battle voices here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...attacking-defending-skills-damage-ect.119148/

I'd like to add "multiple possible battle voices" for stuff too, can you please let me know what to change cause the link isn't working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ciberfreak