Multiple skill Level 99(XP count via variables) help please

Qbrain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Below I posted how my skill system will show up on the main menu (done with OrangeHUD) so you get a better idea what I'm trying to explain.
I made a skill system (like a famous old skool mmrpg) and the conditional branch attached is how I keep track of those XP and levels, but is there an easier way? I now have to copy this branch and change variables for each slot, it seems like I could save time, any ideas?

XO

EDIT: To clarify; every action in the game(mining etc as on screenshot) gives XP which is kept track of in a variable(attack level&attack xp variables in example) so the actual actor does not really "level", he remains his exact stats from level 1, he only gains levels in the var instead.

Attachments

Last edited:

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, the skills I have are not actual skill you can use, more like mastery of the skill, so this script would not be useful(they only define your pseudolevel for gear/area acces)
I mean with the script calls you could make it still work exactly the same but way better and not need a billion checks after each action/parallels.

Qbrain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean with the script calls you could make it still work exactly the same but way better and not need a billion checks after each action/parallels.
Ah, maybe that could work, I'll look into that! Anything that can save me from copying this tree 11 times and changing all 198 variables for each tree

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, maybe that could work, I'll look into that! Anything that can save me from copying this tree 11 times and changing all 198 variables for each tree
Another thing I just thought of is maybe instead of using variables you could use actors with classes using experience equal to the levels you want, then make a variable equal to level or experience of that actor. Just give experience to that actor when gaining experience in stuff.

Qbrain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another thing I just thought of is maybe instead of using variables you could use actors with classes using experience equal to the levels you want, then make a variable equal to level or experience of that actor. Just give experience to that actor when gaining experience in stuff.
But that wouldnt work for 12 skills right(or use 144 actors?)? I cant fathom the idea how to at least...

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But that wouldnt work for 12 skills right(or use 144 actors?)? I cant fathom the idea how to at least...
Make an actor called Farming, give it a class with same experience per level as what you want, whenever you do a farming action use the command to give actors experience and give it to the actor named Farming, can also tick show level up for a message even, whenever you need to check the amount you can just set a variable to the game data of actor Farmings level or experience.

Qbrain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I have looked into that, but it doesnt come close to what I need, it would be just as much work and not copy paste if i would want that system on a new project, this is! The curve of RMMV is also too friendly for my game, I was hoping that i could just let the event check the variables for each level/xp and then send message on level up instead of making all the branches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen