RMMV Multiple splash screens with KEY trigger, NOT AUTOFADE?

WoefulWitch

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to show two splash screens of my game's custom controls, one for keyboard and one for controller. However, the only splash screen plugins I've found auto-fade after a set number of seconds, which is a problem because either it fades too quickly to see the controls, or it can give a long enough view of the controls but it has to dealt with every time the game is started, which is horribly annoying.

I just need to be able to show my images as splash screens then switch to the next and continue the game at the player's command by pressing a button for each.

Is there some secret [free] plugin for this, or can someone make this for me?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe rather than writing a new plugin for you, you could provide links to one that you've seen that is good apart from the issues you listed, and someone can just change that function for you so it waits for input rather than auto fading/switching.

WoefulWitch

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe rather than writing a new plugin for you, you could provide links to one that you've seen that is good apart from the issues you listed, and someone can just change that function for you so it waits for input rather than auto fading/switching.
I haven't seen one that allows multiple splash screens OR uses a key to change it, so unfortunately, I can't do that. The basic splash screen plugin that MV already comes with is the closest thing I suppose someone could edit. I can't stand JavaScript or I'd try it myself.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then the first step is to look some up! There are multiple plugins for MV that allow you to customize your title screen, I recommend you check out HimeWork's Pre-Title Events.

You'd just set up a map with a few events that Show Image, and use this thread to make them get erased with a button press:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You thought kids rooms were messy. Look at this.
Back in the house and I'm hungry
Yoshi!
DNPwhy.gif

You're using that item wrong... TwT

Trying to get the mechanics down for a cute, story-driven board game! I think I've accomplished dice movement, item effects, and activating a space's event when you land on it. Art is WIP. Hope to open a thread about the game soon!
My entire family and I have Covid... If it's this bad with the vaccine, without must be terrible. Stay safe, everyone. This thing is a doozy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merodu