Ravenith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Hey. :)

I'm looking for a way to assign multiple terrain tags on the same tile. Nothing fancy, just a script that says " Tile (12,4) on Map(1) is also Tag(3)" - of course in addition to any terrain tag assigned normally via the editor. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your time!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can't assign multiple terrain tags (and not multiple region tags either) in the editor. Some scripts change the engine functionality to allow for additional options, but those can't be set in the editor (you need to set them in the scripts and noteboxes), so those functions are very limited as well.

But why do you want multiple terrain tags?

Please explain what you want to do instead of how you want to do, usually we can point people to other ways to achieve the same result.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Are you planning to use this with existing scripts?

Cause you will likely need patches for them as well.

Ravenith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Terrain Tags and Region Codes are two different values that have nothing to do with each other. The Terrain Tags of Ace are set in the tileset, the region IDs are set on the map.

However, are you sure that the Terrain Tag script is for Ace? It looks like it's an VX script that might not be compatible with Ace.

As for "Overhead" in Ace: simply set a tile to star passability and it will be displayed above the player. (Only B to E tiles have star passability)

Ravenith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Slip of the tongue, so to speak. I mean Region IDs, and thank you for pointing that out. Silly me, long working hours are taking their toll I guess.
Both scripts are tested and working on Ace.

I'm using autotiles, which I suppose I could break down and use as E tiles in order to assign star passability to them.

Taking my misunderstanding between terrain tags and region IDs (it's the latter that concern me). do you think it would still be complicated?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, Neon Black's Terrain Tags script is a little misleading. It does NOT use terrain tags at all. It uses regions.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Taking my misunderstanding between terrain tags and region IDs (it's the latter that concern me). do you think it would still be complicated?
No, but having multiple region ID's per tile is still going to require you to get patches for any scripts that assume a tile has only one region ID.

The same applies to anything in general that assumes there will only be one and that it is stored as an integer and not an array.

Ravenith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
The same applies to anything in general that assumes there will only be one and that it is stored as an integer and not an array.
Oh, I see. Now it makes sense. I'll try and find a work-around or an acceptable alternative, then. Thanks for your answers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Trading has been halted on the TSX (Canadian stock market) because of "technical issues". Suspicious... I'm bracing myself for a sea of red tomorrow lol
The Loco-Motion song pre-dates the dance. Meaning the lyrics are kinda misleading. "Everybody's doing a brand new dance now"... No they weren't, you just used peer pressure to trick everyone into going along with it.
Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chungagunga