Kemezryp

it's me
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When entering "Weapons" or "Armors" tabs in database, we can see a "Weapon/Armor Type:" option. I need a plugin that will allow me to give specific W/A two of those types with notetags, so I can equip one of them to two different spots.

So why won't you just use Yanfly/Hime Equip Core for this?
I want to make a character that can hold two one-handed or one two-handed weapon. It's impossible because I can't lock second weapon equip when it has the same name. If I'll allow one-handed weapons to be placed in both Main and Sec Hand, there would be no problem.
But then, another problem would appear: Only the first Equipement Type is considered as weapon, so the second one will disappear after changing its name.

Thanks in advance!

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not following what you want properly as I find what you're saying confusing, but if I understand enough of it right you can duplicate a weapon type or a certain weapon in the database to easily do what you want. And if that's not it, then duplicating either a class or an actor may do it?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So basically, you want the ability to dual wield one handed weapons, but also be able to use two-handed weapons which should then disallow you to use the 2nd weapon slot?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...d-dual-wield-plugin-updated-jul-2-2018.79566/
Ramza made a plugin for this. the link is in his 1st line of text.

with this plugin make your character able to dual wield if you want them to be able to use two weapons.
make every 2-handed weapon have the <Twohanded> note tag.
(if you want a shield to be equipable at the same time as a 2-handed weapon give those shields the <Offhand> note tag)

you will be able to equip any two 1-handed weapons
or equip one 1-handed weapon and any shield
or equip one 2-handed weapon (with a shield if you used the offhand note tag mentioned above

and you will no longer be able to equip a 1-handed and 2-handed weapon at the same time

Last edited:

Kemezryp

it's me
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not following what you want properly as I find what you're saying confusing, but if I understand enough of it right you can duplicate a weapon type or a certain weapon in the database to easily do what you want. And if that's not it, then duplicating either a class or an actor may do it?
It has nothing to do with duplicating anything. I'm sorry if my message looks unclear, English is not my native language.

So basically, you want the ability to dual wield one handed weapons, but also be able to use two-handed weapons which should then disallow you to use the 2nd weapon slot?
Exactly. If possible, I also want those two slots to be called differently, for example "Main Hand" and "Off-Hand".

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...d-dual-wield-plugin-updated-jul-2-2018.79566/
Ramza made a plugin for this. the link is in his 1st line of text.

with this plugin make your character able to dual wield if you want them to be able to use two weapons.
make every 2-handed weapon have the <Twohanded> note tag.
(if you want a shield to be equipable at the same time as a 2-handed weapon give those shields the <Offhand> note tag)

you will be able to equip any two 1-handed weapons
or equip one 1-handed weapon and any shield
or equip one 2-handed weapon (with a shield if you used the offhand note tag mentioned above

and you will no longer be able to equip a 1-handed and 2-handed weapon at the same time
Basically it works, but
1. Slots names are the same. (I think I didn't hand it clearly in my post, sorry for that)
2. Second slot isn't locked. I can't equip anything and that's good, but it doesn't feel like two-handed weapon this way.

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No it's ok, I understand what you want now.

With Yanfly script, could you change the equip slot to <Equip Slot: 1, 1> and make it duel wield? Or does that not work at all?

You could also try and ask Ramza if he can make an addon to his script to include the name feature and other feature you want.

I also came across this blog
http://rpgdev.thinknathan.ca/2016/12/changes-to-dual-wielding/

Which made me realize if nothing else works, it may be possible to do what you're after through a passive skill, so that actor only has to equip and unequip the passive skill to change it?

Below is the other script you may need.

http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/17/yep-13-auto-passive-states/

Kemezryp

it's me
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With Yanfly script, could you change the equip slot to <Equip Slot: 1, 1> and make it duel wield? Or does that not work at all?
Nah, it doesn't really change anything related.

Which made me realize if nothing else works, it may be possible to do what you're after through a passive skill, so that actor only has to equip and unequip the passive skill to change it?
Equiping weapons can lock others slots just like passive states, so the effect would be the same. Again, if the slot has the same name, it locks along with the first one, and that makes an ununequipable weapon (lol).

I think the simplest solution for this would be changing 2nd Equipment Type to a weapon instead of armor.
(In Database > Types > Equipment Types we've got a list where only the first ID is for weapons. Let's say the second one would be for weapons too. We can't really change Equipment Type of any weapon though, so that may be a problem.)
I kind of managed to do this editing equipSlots function (line 3587) in rpg_objects.js but every weapon I equipped in that slot just disappeared.

It's getting confusing...

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
TBH, I think your best bet is to just use Ramza's and somehow edit it to change the name of the 2nd slot if it really bugs you that the two weapon slots have the same name. At the very least its fully working albeit just some little picky issues on your side.

Kemezryp

it's me
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, I did some research again and I ended up here. One comment suggested to use Hime Equip Slots Core. At first I thought it's incompatible with other plugins because of the error at the beginning of playtest, but it was appearing only because the plugin reworks the way "eTypeId" works. I just needed to place "<equip slot: x>" notetags at Actor's Note and <equip type: y /> notetags at Weapons' note. Now, even with Yanfly's Item and Equip Core almost everything works. There's only one issue now: Sealing slot with equipped weapon does not unequip already equipped weapon (screenshot). It does unequip armor, though. I think I'll need to report this bug to Hime.

Well, thanks to everyone for helping me!

upload_2018-8-18_15-41-11.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Working hard to keep master @ImaginaryVillain 's sparkles on stock! :kaodes:
A3lgj8H.jpg

Hopefully this will please him enough to give us our beds back...
My mom is finally coming home tonight! In the meantime, Wishful Wanda is back in production.
SA51K_SHADER_IDLE.gifZombie is not the only thing people turned into in this town. There is also something else here. Something has many different names in history, the plague, the black oil, the purity, the filth. And now, it's called the shade.
(Maybe too much X-File reference. :kaojoy:)
Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pictureperfect