Monke

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been working on this for a while so I thought that I would just come here. Anyways what I am looking for is a system where you can have 2 different weapons equipped at the same time, and you can use both of them in combat. Such as having a normal weapon and a gun, and you can choose between which you use in battle. If you would like an example of this look at Shin Megami Tensei 4 combat. There might be a really simple answer to this that I just managed not to see but right now I can't seem to find and answer. The current multi equipment plugin that I'm using is Hime equip slots core.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is because weapons don't work that way in the default engine.

by default a weapon is nothing but an equipment - it adds points to the actor but is never "used".
There are settings that allow you to set an animation based on the first equipment/weapon of an actor, but that is only to pretend graphically that that weapon was used, it does not affect anything.

Equipping multiple weapons even with an equipment plugin that allows that will simply add all their values to the actor at all times. The only way for the player to choose between weapons would be to have only one weapon slot where only one weapon can be equipped at any time and the player can choose which one.

It is possible to write plugins that do what you want, but that would require quite a rewrite of several engine options, it is not as easy as you think.

Monke

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is because weapons don't work that way in the default engine.

by default a weapon is nothing but an equipment - it adds points to the actor but is never "used".
There are settings that allow you to set an animation based on the first equipment/weapon of an actor, but that is only to pretend graphically that that weapon was used, it does not affect anything.

Equipping multiple weapons even with an equipment plugin that allows that will simply add all their values to the actor at all times. The only way for the player to choose between weapons would be to have only one weapon slot where only one weapon can be equipped at any time and the player can choose which one.

It is possible to write plugins that do what you want, but that would require quite a rewrite of several engine options, it is not as easy as you think.
Well thanks for that information, I think I'll just add the switch weapon during battle plugin then.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, a battle inventory access plugin would be a much better alternative.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jeżeli jeszcze nie subskrybujecie to byłoby nam bardzo miło.
1.png
Potrzebujemy 100 subów na niestandardowy URL.
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.
I'm weird as there are a few game franchises I'll watch and read about, but have no interest in playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hidemitsu