MultiTweaks: general, map, zoom, battle, enemies, audio, options, efficiency, etc.

ScSWinter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@RK DracoRoy the only way I know to detect out-focus is with an html5 api and if nwjs don't detect it properly, I can not solve it. I will investigate if nwjs has another way to detect out-focus. It's ongoing.

@DigitalWF please, can you give me the full stacktrace open dev tools with right click -> inspect, and then console. As far as I know there is no option to export in mobile, so I guess you are exporting to web browser, and using a server to play? Also, in the rpgmakermz playtest does not happen at all? It happens at the start?

@Killuki Zaoldyeck, that is the only known bug listed:
IMPORTANT: Now, zoomed maps can only be both-sides looped maps or free-camera no-looped maps. I just don't get with the cámera jumps at the edge of the map, when open a new scene or in map transfers. Any idea?
If any other dev help me with this, I will appreciate. A workaround I do in my games is to add more map but put obstacles before the margin in order to avoid that the player arrive to it. If there are two concatenated maps, I just copy a part in the previous map and put the teleport before. Sorry.

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ScSWinter I export the game with 1 plugin (yours) to play on android phone with Altimit method.
Link here.
I know it is for MV, but it still works fine when I use this method without plugins.
I got that error when changing maps at the very beginning, there might be some variable eventing involved. Idk how to do what you asked because the game is running on my phone.
I only test your plugin on my mobile phone. I might try testing it on the PC version too later.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
@ScSWinter EDIT: Nevermind about my first request for now.
New report: I found an issue, when I disable Zoom with smooth, the character display is still smooth while the map is pixelated.

EDIT2: It also happens with the characters on the battle scenes, when you scale them, they're "smooth" even using a parameter on Visustella which makes all the game pixelated (even disabling visustella still happens).

EDIT3: If you scale the battlers, the animations are positioned too low, them requires a change on the offset to be centered on the characters and not being displayed at their feets.

Last edited:

ScSWinter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@RK DracoRoy maybe now it works the focus as you expect? please, test the new version (v1.6.1).

@DigitalWF maybe with the new version (v1.6.1) the bug is corrected? Feel free to inform now.

@Killuki Zaoldyeck I added some options to battler scale to control animation position and "smooth". And character in map should now be pixelated if you disable the map zoom "smooth" option.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ScSWinter It works. There's a side effect that when I play test, the window will quickly minimize to the taskbar.

When I open it back from the taskbar, the window screen is black.

Then I have to minimize it and reopen it, and the game shows.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
@RK DracoRoy maybe now it works the focus as you expect? please, test the new version (v1.6.1).

@DigitalWF maybe with the new version (v1.6.1) the bug is corrected? Feel free to inform now.

@Killuki Zaoldyeck I added some options to battler scale to control animation position and "smooth". And character in map should now be pixelated if you disable the map zoom "smooth" option.
Yeaaah!! You're a monster!! :kaoluv::LZSjoy:
1599295664546.png

Thank you!!

EDIT: Huh, on battle there are some enemies that are still smooth, maybe it's an issue with visustella?
(reduced screenshot size to 50% due file being too large).
bug.png

EDIT 2: Balloons in map are also smooth still.
1599296264810.png
Ouch, I don't remember this being so complicated on MV, on MV I remember you putted a "pixelated" css code on index.html a plugin with a script snippet, and all the game went pixelated at once.

Well, you're close to fix all this!

EDIT3: The game starts minimized, also, at least with visustella's menu core, the characters bitmaps (busts) are also smooth still, but I guess this is more normal since there isn't any option on neither plugin yet to disable bitmap smoothing on menu scenes. Most curious is that icons goes pixelated.

EDIT4: Could you implement an option to automatically scale all windows with the game resolution? I mean for example, all the stuff like font size, space line, etc becomes automatically adjusted and also all bitmaps.

Or maybe, if an automatic option is too complicated to program or is better to control each element scale individually, a way would be let us put the multiplier inside plugin parameters, like bitmap zoom, menu scale, etc to 2.0, 3.0, etc.
You know that by reducing the game resolution what mostly makes when you go fullscreen the pixels are wrongly displayed, while if you use a bigger resolution (in this case, 1080p), everything looks pixelated correctly.

This is an example of 1280x720:
1599298492390.png
You can see that the lines of the menu background looks weird, fonts and bitmaps looks kinda deformed.

And this is an example of 1920x1080:
1599298615533.png

Everything looks better (but fonts and bitmaps are smooth still because is clear that MZ has smooth options almost even in the plugin box, everywhere).

Last edited:

ScSWinter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@RK DracoRoy it should start well now. Please, give me feedback.

@Killuki Zaoldyeck now I revamped the pixel options (now are in the general section). It should pixelate everything without exception, event fonts if you want (but the default fonts are ugly). Of course, consider that are some images that are given to us with an smooth and this can not be changes without change the image (ballons, I think). Also, the game should start well now.

Also, there is, as far as I know impossible to make an option to automatically scale all windows , as long as they are drawed dinamically (vector drawing), they are not pixel images. So, the game resolution will determine the size of the windows. So the only option for you, and the best to mantain a good perfomance is to put a reasonable low fixed resolution for your game (1280x800, 1104x624, etc). But, if you start fullscreen in a 1920x1080 with a 1280x800 game resolution, the system will automatically scale the entire game to fit the screen and you will get what you want.

The map zoom is there, apart from animations, in order to mantain relative detailed and big windows (like visustella one, which are designed to 1280x800 scree resolution or similar) with a decent map view (not super-small chars).

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Killuki Zaoldyeck now I revamped the pixel options (now are in the general section). It should pixelate everything without exception, event fonts if you want (but the default fonts are ugly). Of course, consider that are some images that are given to us with an smooth and this can not be changes without change the image (ballons, I think). Also, the game should start well now.

Also, there is, as far as I know impossible to make an option to automatically scale all windows , as long as they are drawed dinamically (vector drawing), they are not pixel images. So, the game resolution will determine the size of the windows. So the only option for you, and the best to mantain a good perfomance is to put a reasonable low fixed resolution for your game (1280x800, 1104x624, etc). But, if you start fullscreen in a 1920x1080 with a 1280x800 game resolution, the system will automatically scale the entire game to fit the screen and you will get what you want.

The map zoom is there, apart from animations, in order to mantain relative detailed and big windows (like visustella one, which are designed to 1280x800 scree resolution or similar) with a decent map view (not super-small chars).
Your update made everything go pixel! Awesome!
And yeah, I tried lower resolutions with full screen, but the images looks kinda "crushed", while at 1920x1080 plus x3~x4 map zoom and battler scales everything looks perfect.

I thought also that scale all windows could be impossible, but maybe by putting multipliers like with the battlers, and like bitmaps, etc, can be achieved to get a perfect 1080p experience.

I remember years ago messing with MV scripts I could scale the windows to 2x, sadly I lost everything, but I remember that first I increased the fonts, the line heights, then I don't remember well if by editting the images with photoshop or by code increased the face sizes and got an awesome nearly perfect pixel experience.

EDIT: Okay @ScSWinter got an error when you want to load the game with the browser.
Says "nw is not defined", if I disable your plugin it doesn't happen. Maybe you can fix that.

EDIT2: Found this issue with battler scales, only happens to actors.
1599313047487.png

Last edited:

Trishy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been trying to solve scaling since years ago.

There are multiple issues that could be be traced to PIXI, to the RPGM stretching method, or to the font rendering which adds 1 extra pixel to any font (breaking pixel-perfect fonts).

No perfect solution has been found since MV.

PS: Note that this only happens when you render the game in a window differently than your intented resolution - Intentional rest is 720p and I play on 1080p, so the renderer has to stretch it.

If you change your desktop resolution to 720p, everything renders perfectly. I haven't tried playing the game at 1400p (which is exactly 720x2), so there's that too. But 1.5x (1080p) should work, like it works with literally any other game engine that exists (even Unity and its weird 'Units').

Edit: it's mindboggling how the developers didn't account for pixel-perfect rendering considering this is a mostly bitmap reliant engine and not vector based (though there are some vector stuff like animations).

Last edited:

Trishy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
just tried the recent update expecting a miracle and there wasn't a miracle :yswt:

ScSWinter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Killuki Zaoldyeck nw is not defined bug solved. About the other bug, I'm pretty sure that it's a VisuStella bug with their action sequence "come back home". If I deactivate the VisuStella Battle Core it does not happen for me. Also, it happens when my plugin is deactivated, if the battlers are positioned close one to the others. Please, report to them.

@Trishy what miracle do you need? I agree with you, pixel-perfect is extremely complicated with RMMV/RMMZ. Maybe some day...

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I could suggest something scaling enemy's sprite by % value, by notetag would be great.

Trishy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Trishy what miracle do you need? I agree with you, pixel-perfect is extremely complicated with RMMV/RMMZ. Maybe some day...

Dang, the insert is blurred too, lol. But check here:
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/GlEHdiw.png
Fast is rendered correctly, without any extra stuff other than the 1px outline. But Faster has plenty grey pixels in the middle and it makes the font blurry, which in a pixel-perfect game is a big no-no. I can deal with some blurriness on the in-game sprites since they're mostly imperceptible, but fonts break hard. Only solution would be to use SpriteFonts which I really don't want to use because the should actually render them correctly.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ScSWinter That problem is gone now.

Well, the first time I click outside the game window, it won't stop the audio playing until I click outside the game window a 2nd time and so on.

Example:
- Start game.
- Click outside game window the first time. The audio's still playing.
- Click the game window to reenable it. You'll hear a sudden decreased volume for a second before the volume is back to normal.
- Click outside game window again. The audio pauses as it's supposed to.

I'm thinking of an idea, perhaps it should pause the whole game including the audio that's playing.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Heya @ScSWinter Killuki attacking again :p
Found another issue (it might be harder to fix basically due the monitor you use!), I began today to test the project with a 9:16 resolution, and with your plugin enabled, when I test the game it makes two scrolling bars at fullscreen, which doesn't happen at all if I disable your plugin!
1600125217412.png

Is there a chance you may fix it? On a side note, in the title screen only the bottom bar is shown, but after enter the game, it makes both bars.

ScSWinter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The new version adds a css "style option" in order to hide the scrollbars. But is strange...

rinarunine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hello! Maybe I missed it, but is there a way to stop the camera from following the player when zoomed in on small maps?

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I hope that someone can fix the black borders in the edges of the maps, because I rrrreally depend of default map zoom for my game, otherwise everything looks so small and I can't decrease the resolution of my game either, I already lack of width space to make it even smaller.. :(

rinarunine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I ended up changing the resolution within MZ in the database (960x540) and use MultiTweaks to start the game in fullscreen. So I didn't have to rely on the zooming method, if that makes sense.

cyrxxs

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hi was wondering if anyone found a solution to black borders on the edge maps? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS