RMMV "Murder Taxi" Mini-game I made using Galv's Invaders script

Oatilis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
Hey guys! I wanted to show you this mini game I made using Galv's "Invaders" script.

Mini-Game Setting
There's an area in my game which has been sealed off and left untouched for years. When exploring it, you come across this dusty old arcade cabinet with the mini-game "Murder Taxi" (There's possibly a better way to translate the name).

What's "Murder Taxi"
It's meant to be a funny little tongue-in-cheek distraction. You're playing as a taxi driver trying to survive on the road. Other drivers will try to shoot you down, food delivery drivers will zoom across the road, and suicidal electric scooters will zero-in on you like a homing missile. Luckily for you, you can also shoot to clear the road, use bombs you find on the street, and you have a special horn you can charge and release as part of your strategy. I'm sure the idea of an angry taxi driver literally blasting the horn to clear the road is something most people can have a chuckle about. There's a pretty funny boss fight I left out of the trailer, to keep as a surprise for the players.

Short Dev Notes
I had most of it done last weekend, when I did most of the graphics and decided on the characters. Galv's script is really nice to work with. Over the course of the week I gave it some extra polish after work. I kept some bits of Galv's stock assets in there, but most of it is new. I did all the graphics in Photoshop. While I made 99% of the music in my game myself, for this mini-game I used a music pack to speed things up.

There are some unique additions which weren't in the original script:
  • Engine sounds that rev up and down (Galv's script was never about cars so I had to shoe this in somehow). They don't exactly sound like Forza but they do add to the experience. If I feel like putting more work into it, I already have some ideas.
  • Some PIXI filters that cover the entire game (wanted it to look a little like an old arcade game). I was torn between using a very pixelated filter which looked really nice, and using less pixelated filter which showcased the assets a bit more. Went with the latter for now.
Hope you enjoy seeing the video. Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

OneManIndie

THE One-Man Indie!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
looks funny to play though, mostly are planes or helicopter/space aircraft,
but taxi, not seen that before.

Good job, hopefully you have a demo or release date for it to play.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol, looks funny and enjoyable!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...
BCj
Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLXDEREX