KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Introduction:

Do you want an achievement system like the ones on Play Station (3 and 4) or XBox (sorry don't use XBox much so I don't know which ones have an achievement system)? Well you're in luck, I just made a plugin for that. It is highly customizable (can customize all the text, all bar colors, the number of achievements, the achievement logo being icon or sprite, the achievement name, the achievement description and reward, the achievement unlocking conditions, the scene's layout, etc.). That is if you don't mind modifying directly into the code. Indeed, because of the highly customizable form, it would be very tedious, long, and inefficient to use plugin parameters (since you need to create each of your individual achievements).

Fear not, I have a youtube video to help you through the process if you need help. Just check the youtube link at the end of this thread. Check the timestamp in the video description to jump to the part you need assistance with.

Since you need to go into the code, you will need an editor. If you don't have one, I'm using Sublime Text and you can use it for free.

Note:

I didn't test on rpg maker mv version 1.6.0+ since that version forces you to update your old js files and it makes my project (on version 1.4.0) crashes. I only tested this plugin on version 1.4.0 and 1.51.

Features:

There are 2 sections in the code where I planned having the developer bring his own modifications. The first section is customizing the scene's details (for example which scene view, the text, bar colors, icon or sprite size, number of lines per achievement, etc.). If you're having trouble finding the section, just copy and search (ctrl + f) this: qwe789

The second section is where you will create all your achievements. That includes: the logo (icon or sprite), the name, the reward, the description, the condition to unlock, and either to hide information or not when it is not unlocked yet. If you're having trouble finding the section, just copy and search (ctrl + f) this: asdf087

Important:

I forgot to mention some information in the video:
- For sprite images, place the image in the "Picture" folder.
- If you don't want a reward to be given when you complete an achievement, put "-1/0/0" in the reward part. Keeping the 2 slashes and 3 variables is important.

Image(s):

Scene View 1

Scene View 2

Updates:
v.1.01:
  • First release.
v.1.02:
  • Added the ability to frequently check for achievement update on the Scene Map. You can set the achievement check frequency (how many frames between each check).
v.1.03:
  • Added the ability to set an image as default image when an achievement is locked and when it's supposed to use an image instead of an icon (before it would just black out the image when the achievement wasn't unlocked yet).
  • Added the ability to disable the pop out window that appears on the map when completing an achievement. This is mainly for conflict with other plugins.
v.1.04:
  • Added the possibility to set a switch to activate/deactivate the attribution of achievements, and also to activate/deactivate the access to the achievement scene via menu.
v.1.05:
  • Fixed an issue where the pop window made the message window disappear.
  • Added touch input support.

Terms:

Basically, if your project's budget is less than 100 000$ Canadian Dollars and your project is not part of a company that has a net worth of over 1 000 000$ Canadian Dollars, you can use it for free, provided you credit me. For the complete terms and licenses, visit my website, license 101.

Here's the link: https://www.kamostudiogroup.com/terms--licenses.html

If you do happen to have invested more than 100 000$ Canadian Dollars in your project, or your project is part of a company that has a net worth >= 1 000 000$ Canadian Dollars, you can still use my work, but not for free. The cost should be negociated directly with me.

Links:
- Plugin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/adofysb9br0ani2/$MUSH_AchievementSystem_P1.js?dl=0
- Youtube (tutorial): youtu.be/6lsGHnV1U4E
- Icon when not unlocked file: www.dropbox.com/s/ph8gnbwzch83zxs/AchievementNotUnlockedIcon.png?dl=0
- Support on *******: https://www.*******.com/kamostudiogroup
- Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kamo-Studio-Group-185550142221553/

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VERSION v.1.02 IS OUT!

I added a customizable variable named "wPopPeriod" in the Scene Details section. It lets the game creator at what frequence to check if any new achievement have been completed. By default I set the variable to 60 frames, meaning it will check every 60 frames on the map for any new achievement completion. Setting the variable to 0 will result in the same effect has v.1.01, meaning it will only check once every time the player enters a map.

Kraden96

Friendly Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great work!

Kraden96

Friendly Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey man, I'm trying to set up an achievement system using your plugin. I'm using Trading Cards as the sprite image for the achievements. Everything is working but I there a way to make the "Not Unlocked" sprites a different image instead of just being black? I'm trying to set it as the back of that cards (with is the same for every card)! I'd greatly appreciate your help! :)

Edit: Basically like how you have the "Not Unlocked" icons working but for the sprites!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey man, I'm trying to set up an achievement system using your plugin. I'm using Trading Cards as the sprite image for the achievements. Everything is working but I there a way to make the "Not Unlocked" sprites a different image instead of just being black? I'm trying to set it as the back of that cards (with is the same for every card)! I'd greatly appreciate your help! :)

Edit: Basically like how you have the "Not Unlocked" icons working but for the sprites!
Yeah that's easily doable. I'll put it in my next update along side with mouse click. I should get it done by tomorrow.

Kraden96

Friendly Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the quick response! And if it isn't took much, I'm finding issue with the "On-Map Popups". I'm using Galv's Message Styles that lets me do chat bubbles, and using Yanfly's Quest Map Window that has a window on map that track quests. When I get an achievement, your "Achievement Completion" pop up makes an invisible window that blocks both the chat bubble and tracker! ;-;
Is there a fix to that? :)

Attachments

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VERSION 1.03 IS OUT!

I've added those 2 features:
- Ability to set an image as default image when an achievement is locked and when it's supposed to use an image instead of an icon (before it would just black out the image when the achievement wasn't unlocked yet). Of course, the ability to black out an image is still there.
- Ability to disable the pop out window that appears on the map when completing an achievement. This is mainly for conflict with other plugins.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the quick response! And if it isn't took much, I'm finding issue with the "On-Map Popups". I'm using Galv's Message Styles that lets me do chat bubbles, and using Yanfly's Quest Map Window that has a window on map that track quests. When I get an achievement, your "Achievement Completion" pop up makes an invisible window that blocks both the chat bubble and tracker! ;-;
Is there a fix to that? :)
Honestly I never use plugins that aren't mine (except for one for inputs and another one for camera), so I don't know much about YEP and Galv's plugins. It would take a lot of time to examines their plugins, so it's a lot easier for me to just add the ability to disable the pop out window of my plugin. I hope that's okay with you.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@keizz Yeah no problem. Just credit MushroomCake28 at some place, that's all I ask :)

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VERSION 1.04 IS OUT!

I've only added one requested feature:
- Added the possibility to set a switch to activate/deactivate the attribution of achievements, and also to activate/deactivate the access to the achievement scene via menu.

Izimori Anahuyu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Canadian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Terms:

Basically, if your project makes less than 100k CDN$ and you've invested less than 100k CDN$ in your project, you can use it for free, provided you credit me. For the complete terms and licenses, visit my website, license 101.
"the complete terms and licenses" does not mention anything about earning more than $100,000… CDN? What is CDN? Do you mean CAD? Nor does it mention investing more than $100,000.

It doesn't mention an income, nor budget, of any kind. So… Is it just straight up free to use as long as I give credit? And I have a feeling it's possible for me to end up spending $100,000 CAD on this project over the development period, given how expensive artists, musicians, and such are, so if spending more than $100,000 on this project does require me to pay some fee, I would like to know how much more that'll cost me-especially since the wording you used implies that even if I don't make $100,000 off my project, if I've invested $100,000 or more into it, I still need to pay you for the script; which is kinda dumb. I want my game to stand out, so I'm buying custom visuals, etcetera-which means I'll eventually spend lots of money on assets, which means that even if my game doesn't sell at all, I may still have to pay for something that would be free if I hadn't spent money on everything else.

No offense, just confirming I've got the details right. When dealing with legal bindings, the wording and phrasing of everything is very important.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Izimori Anahuyu The legal terms for my plugins and soundtrack are on my website. I've only put the summary here for everyone to understand, but the legally binding terms are on my website.

Here's a more detailed explanation (if you don't want to read the complete terms): If you aren't in one of these categories, you're fine and can use all my work for free (just credit):
1) Your project's budget is >= 100 000 Canadian Dollars.
2) Your project is part of a company which net worth exceed 1 000 000$ Canadian Dollars per year. The be in this category, the company must own the rights to the project.

If you are part of one these categories, the fee of usage should be negotiated directly with me. The idea behind this is that I want people in this community to be able to use my work for free, but I don't want entities that make a living by selling games benefit from my work for free. If it's a personal project and you happen to make 100k$ with it with a budget of less than 100k$ you're fine.

EDIT: I added the link to my terms on my website just under the terms section on this thread.

Last edited:

Izimori Anahuyu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Canadian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MushroomCake28
I missed

1.4: Admissible person: A physical person or group of people. As for companies, they are considered an admissible person only if their net worth is equal or higher than 1 000 000 Canadian dollars.

and the other one, due to the weird formating of the numbers, and the lack of a '$'.
Glad you fixed the typo in the Opening Post (as my quote shows the original text.)

Thank you for the clearification.

keizz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello MushroomCake !

I found this problem.

When player got some achievement and talk some NPC with top text you will found now show full dialogue,Player need to right click or enter menu to fix this dialogue complete again.

Attachments

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@keizz Sorry, I don't quite understand your issue. What is the issue with the dialogue?

keizz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK,Let's try again.

When player got some achievement and then talk to any NPC,You will see this dialogue display only half not full.

This bug will found if this event set dialogue on top.

Attachments

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, let's investigate. We should continue in private messages in order not to spam the thread.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VERSION v.1.05 IS OUT!

I fixed the issue where the pop window would hide the message window underneath. I also fixed the touch input, it should now work like in any other menu scene.

@keizz Should be fixed now!

keizz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great update! Now working fine ! Thank you for fixed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"What do you think the best place to visit on this cold days?" "Hell..."
Been so busy lately that I wonder if I should slowly start preparing the advent calendar resources so I have enough in december.
Man, I wish it was harder for mean d-holes to make me feel like crying.
Made 8 games. Was aiming for 20. Gonna go for 40. Because 20 + 20. /Bed.
Got myself card game plugin, its bit laggy but worth it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Standanddeliver