KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VERSION 1.06 IS OUT!!!

So I basically simply added a little auto-update check once the player loads the game. Before, modifying your achievement data (in the code, meaning modifying the reward or the unlocking condition) would only work once the player chooses new game (since the data is copied into the Game Party data at that moment), so any changes to conditions wouldn't apply to save data created before before the change. Now, the game will update the unlocking condition of achievements in a save data. Note that the achievement won't be reset to locked if it was unlocked.

Example:
  • "Monster Killer!" is an achievement that is unlocked after variable #1 >= 100.
  • The player has unlocked the "Monster Killer!" achievement in his playthrough and his variable #1 is currently at 150.
  • The developer changes a bit the game, and in the next game update the condition to unlock "Monter Killer!" is now variable #1 >= 200.
  • When the player enters the game, the game will now update the condition of "Monter Killer!" to 200 kills instead of 100 (that game wasn'T doing that before v.1.06 of the plugin. You had to do new game to see the new condition).
  • The player has still unlocked the "Monster Killer!" achievement, despite not fulfilling the condition since he had unlocked it previously. The lack of reset is to prevent players from receiving twice the achievement reward.
NOTE: The auto-update will only update achievements with the same name. Meaning if one of your modification was changing the achievement name, the game won't replace the old one and will add the new one while keeping the old one. Be careful.

HonestlyVitali

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The DropBox link gave me a 404 file not found error...

Mythicskies

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, MushroomCake! First off, thanks for this plugin, it's really amazing and easy to use. I was hoping that maybe you could tell me if there is a script call to push the Achievements scene without opening the Menu? I'm creating a game with a menu alternative so I'm hoping not to push the main in-game menu to view these.

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, MushroomCake! First off, thanks for this plugin, it's really amazing and easy to use. I was hoping that maybe you could tell me if there is a script call to push the Achievements scene without opening the Menu? I'm creating a game with a menu alternative so I'm hoping not to push the main in-game menu to view these.

Thanks for whatever help you can give.
Hmm, I really need more details. What do you mean by not summoning the Achievement menu? What is your menu alternative? The Achievement Menu is the way to display a summary of achievement progression, I don't get how you'll show the achievements without it.

Mythicskies

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, I really need more details. What do you mean by not summoning the Achievement menu? What is your menu alternative? The Achievement Menu is the way to display a summary of achievement progression, I don't get how you'll show the achievements without it.
Ah, okay so rather than having the traditional Menu, I'm attempting to use a combination of images and script calls for menu items. So when the player opens the "menu" what's actually being displayed are tabs in the top of the screen that cycle through, and based on which one they select, it launches that window.

At present the Achievements can only be accessed from the main menu, and I'm trying to figure out how to launch the Achievements screen manually with a script call, so that the player doesn't need to access the menu to view them.

Does that make sense?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mythicskies I don't see how you would be able to do that without coding. But anyways, this plugin wasn't made for easy manipulation outside of coding. If you really want to access some data, it is possible to acces the achievement name, condition (although the condition is expressed in numbers, not text, the conversion is done inside the menu), and either it's unlock or not through the game party.

Code:
$gameParty._achVr; // It's an array, log it in the console and you'll see
Getting all the other information on achievements can only be done with more coding, and I don't think it can fit in a script call.

Mythicskies

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mythicskies I don't see how you would be able to do that without coding. But anyways, this plugin wasn't made for easy manipulation outside of coding. If you really want to access some data, it is possible to acces the achievement name, condition (although the condition is expressed in numbers, not text, the conversion is done inside the menu), and either it's unlock or not through the game party.

Code:
$gameParty._achVr; // It's an array, log it in the console and you'll see
Getting all the other information on achievements can only be done with more coding, and I don't think it can fit in a script call.
Alright thanks! I'll tool around with it and see if I can figure something else out.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright thanks! I'll tool around with it and see if I can figure something else out.
If you're feeling adventurous, you can create the object that holds all the data on achievements (not the party progression, but the hard data like description, icon, etc.) by using this function:
Code:
var data = new MUSH_Achievements();

Prince_Eric

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry if it was here somewhere. Can you tell, achievements will be unlocked permanently or they will reset every new game? For example, I want to make my game replayable for at least 3 times, and I want to encourage player to do that with achievements as well (for example, diffirent achievements for joining different factions, ending quests in one way or another, etc). But that won't happen if achievements will reset every time.

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry if it was here somewhere. Can you tell, achievements will be unlocked permanently or they will reset every new game? For example, I want to make my game replayable for at least 3 times, and I want to encourage player to do that with achievements as well (for example, diffirent achievements for joining different factions, ending quests in one way or another, etc). But that won't happen if achievements will reset every time.
The achievements resets for every new game. The data for achievement is stored in the $gameParty object, so unless you're transfering data between each playthrough, it will be reset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhengdddddd