KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
VERSION 1.06 IS OUT!!!

So I basically simply added a little auto-update check once the player loads the game. Before, modifying your achievement data (in the code, meaning modifying the reward or the unlocking condition) would only work once the player chooses new game (since the data is copied into the Game Party data at that moment), so any changes to conditions wouldn't apply to save data created before before the change. Now, the game will update the unlocking condition of achievements in a save data. Note that the achievement won't be reset to locked if it was unlocked.

Example:
  • "Monster Killer!" is an achievement that is unlocked after variable #1 >= 100.
  • The player has unlocked the "Monster Killer!" achievement in his playthrough and his variable #1 is currently at 150.
  • The developer changes a bit the game, and in the next game update the condition to unlock "Monter Killer!" is now variable #1 >= 200.
  • When the player enters the game, the game will now update the condition of "Monter Killer!" to 200 kills instead of 100 (that game wasn'T doing that before v.1.06 of the plugin. You had to do new game to see the new condition).
  • The player has still unlocked the "Monster Killer!" achievement, despite not fulfilling the condition since he had unlocked it previously. The lack of reset is to prevent players from receiving twice the achievement reward.
NOTE: The auto-update will only update achievements with the same name. Meaning if one of your modification was changing the achievement name, the game won't replace the old one and will add the new one while keeping the old one. Be careful.

HonestlyVitali

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The DropBox link gave me a 404 file not found error...

Mythicskies

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, MushroomCake! First off, thanks for this plugin, it's really amazing and easy to use. I was hoping that maybe you could tell me if there is a script call to push the Achievements scene without opening the Menu? I'm creating a game with a menu alternative so I'm hoping not to push the main in-game menu to view these.

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, MushroomCake! First off, thanks for this plugin, it's really amazing and easy to use. I was hoping that maybe you could tell me if there is a script call to push the Achievements scene without opening the Menu? I'm creating a game with a menu alternative so I'm hoping not to push the main in-game menu to view these.

Thanks for whatever help you can give.
Hmm, I really need more details. What do you mean by not summoning the Achievement menu? What is your menu alternative? The Achievement Menu is the way to display a summary of achievement progression, I don't get how you'll show the achievements without it.

Mythicskies

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, I really need more details. What do you mean by not summoning the Achievement menu? What is your menu alternative? The Achievement Menu is the way to display a summary of achievement progression, I don't get how you'll show the achievements without it.
Ah, okay so rather than having the traditional Menu, I'm attempting to use a combination of images and script calls for menu items. So when the player opens the "menu" what's actually being displayed are tabs in the top of the screen that cycle through, and based on which one they select, it launches that window.

At present the Achievements can only be accessed from the main menu, and I'm trying to figure out how to launch the Achievements screen manually with a script call, so that the player doesn't need to access the menu to view them.

Does that make sense?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Mythicskies I don't see how you would be able to do that without coding. But anyways, this plugin wasn't made for easy manipulation outside of coding. If you really want to access some data, it is possible to acces the achievement name, condition (although the condition is expressed in numbers, not text, the conversion is done inside the menu), and either it's unlock or not through the game party.

Code:
$gameParty._achVr; // It's an array, log it in the console and you'll see

Getting all the other information on achievements can only be done with more coding, and I don't think it can fit in a script call.

Mythicskies

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mythicskies I don't see how you would be able to do that without coding. But anyways, this plugin wasn't made for easy manipulation outside of coding. If you really want to access some data, it is possible to acces the achievement name, condition (although the condition is expressed in numbers, not text, the conversion is done inside the menu), and either it's unlock or not through the game party.

Code:
$gameParty._achVr; // It's an array, log it in the console and you'll see

Getting all the other information on achievements can only be done with more coding, and I don't think it can fit in a script call.
Alright thanks! I'll tool around with it and see if I can figure something else out.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright thanks! I'll tool around with it and see if I can figure something else out.
If you're feeling adventurous, you can create the object that holds all the data on achievements (not the party progression, but the hard data like description, icon, etc.) by using this function:
Code:
var data = new MUSH_Achievements();

Prince_Eric

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry if it was here somewhere. Can you tell, achievements will be unlocked permanently or they will reset every new game? For example, I want to make my game replayable for at least 3 times, and I want to encourage player to do that with achievements as well (for example, diffirent achievements for joining different factions, ending quests in one way or another, etc). But that won't happen if achievements will reset every time.

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry if it was here somewhere. Can you tell, achievements will be unlocked permanently or they will reset every new game? For example, I want to make my game replayable for at least 3 times, and I want to encourage player to do that with achievements as well (for example, diffirent achievements for joining different factions, ending quests in one way or another, etc). But that won't happen if achievements will reset every time.
The achievements resets for every new game. The data for achievement is stored in the $gameParty object, so unless you're transfering data between each playthrough, it will be reset.

katoriina

Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for this plugin, it is fantastic! I do have one question though. (and I'm so sorry if there's a way to do this already and I'm just missing it) Is there any way to create a condition where certain achievements will or will not appear? For example, in my game there are eight characters you can choose to play as when you start a new game. I don't exactly want each character to have the same set of achievements. If this is too difficult (or impossible) to achieve, that's alright, I can work with it the way it is. Thanks again for providing this much needed plugin to the community! ^u^

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@katoriina it might be doable, if you do if (gameParty.Actors.actor[id here]) { do stuff}
but I'm not sure if it allows custom codes like this without modifications.

while it is 1 system, it require for all players, unless this one can save globally on a savefile
for a newGame+ to get the other achievements as well.

else it need to be modify in order to do that.
I use a achievement plugin that can do that, but you wont be able to unluck any others.
another way you can do, is to use the same achievement (if it allows js scripting)
to achieve the same achievement in a different way.

Actor 1 can achieve it in Map 1, while actor 2 in map 2, and actor 3 in map 3 etc.
as well for different reward or its kind.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you so much for this plugin, it is fantastic! I do have one question though. (and I'm so sorry if there's a way to do this already and I'm just missing it) Is there any way to create a condition where certain achievements will or will not appear? For example, in my game there are eight characters you can choose to play as when you start a new game. I don't exactly want each character to have the same set of achievements. If this is too difficult (or impossible) to achieve, that's alright, I can work with it the way it is. Thanks again for providing this much needed plugin to the community! ^u^
The achievements in this plugin are global, meaning it's only one set of achievements for the entire game (per save file). You can use switches and variables as condition to unlock achievements, so you could try using that to make it so only certain characters can unlock certain achievements though. It really depends on what you are trying to achieve.

katoriina

Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The achievements in this plugin are global, meaning it's only one set of achievements for the entire game (per save file). You can use switches and variables as condition to unlock achievements, so you could try using that to make it so only certain characters can unlock certain achievements though. It really depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Yeah, I already have it set up so certain characters are only allowed to unlock certain achievements. And I suppose that does work. I was just wondering if it was possible for specific achievements to only appear in the achievement scene when you're playing as a certain character. As it is, you still see achievments for other characters in the menu, but you obviously can't unlock them all, which I feel might really frustrate a player. xD But since the system is global, I suppose I have my answer. Thanks! And once again, great plugin! ^u^

Nagamatsu1945

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
help, I've Just want to use this plugin. But i got this error. Can you help me?
I'm using RPG MV 1.6+ (is it because the .Js is incompatible with this version?)

Attachments

• This is the screenshot.png
    This is the screenshot.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 4

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nagamatsu1945 the plugin works just fine.
while you check the bottom error "Game is using Alpha ABS BASIC on version 1.5.1 "

if you updated the MV version of MV from 1.5.1 to 1.6.1 and not your project.
you need to update teh project as well.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The worst part of game development has to be marketing. Ugh...
May be starting a new job in a month or so. The thought is both exciting and terrifying.
Not like a rollercoaster though. Rollercoasters are just terrifying.
"Merchants don't sell you a product. They sell you something RIGHT NOW. That's all they're selling, the product of having what you want RIGHT NOW and not having to wait for it."
I hope everyone at home doing well and be healthy
New characters were added!. Now the roster contains 8 heroes, 4 males 4 females(and they are even op). Featuring. Iluna , the Witch.

vvvvt2.png

(yeah, i know. Will be translated soooon.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neajiloso