Dusttt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes i'm talking about starting the loop of an audio not from the beginning like the hime plugin:

ephesus

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I hate to be like this but please, one of you, get this working for MV. I'll love you forever! There is just no other audio sampling plugin like this at all for MV.

Also, would effects like reverb, cut off, or delay be difficult to implement?

Seriously though, I'd pay for an MV option...

m03271996

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Excuse me. I have a problem.
If I set BGS will bug,like this:
2021-01-17 16 03 07.png
2021-01-17 16 04 34.png
2021-01-17 16 04 57.png
1610870816495.png
1610870836085.png
I wonder how can I set plugin command,please?
I only use MUSH Audio Engine plugin.
And other event not set plugin command or comment.

Attachments

• 1610870903536.png
    1610870903536.png
    7 KB · Views: 5

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@m03271996 Your event is probably getting called more than once. The event needs to be erased after being called once. Add an "Erase Event" command at the end of the event.

m03271996

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@m03271996 Your event is probably getting called more than once. The event needs to be erased after being called once. Add an "Erase Event" command at the end of the event.
I try,It's can work! Thanks!
And I try use MultiTweaks.js plugin will clash.
1610885480709.png
1610885499303.png

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

m03271996

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It might not be compatible with it. I don't know that plugin, but if you deactivate it and my plugin works then it's pretty much confirmed that they are not compatible with each other.
OK! Thanks :elwink:
MUSH Audio Engine is working.

DadGuyDrawing

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Count me in as someone interested in seeing this for MV!

@Featherbrain were you able to get a working version that you can share? Sorry if that's bad form to ask for a modified MV version on your thread, props to @MushroomCake28 for making the original plugin! Also love your compositions :)

Featherbrain

Prehistoric Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I have a version that's working... for my personal needs... right this instant. I only use some of the functionalities, though, so I'm sure many of them are still broken and I just haven't noticed yet. I'm also extremely lazy, so I made some of my changes directly to the core files, instead of aliasing functions in the plugin itself; I'd have to track those things down and fix it. Finally, I'm using script calls exclusively, so no plugin commands; I would have to learn how to code the plugin commands in MV for that.

So, short answer... no, I don't have a version that's truly shareable right now. It would take a bit of work just to get what I have now shareable, and still more significant work on top of that to get plugin commands working and actually convert and test all functionalities thoroughly. I'm deep into my own game project at the moment so I can't make any promises that I'll get to this... I'd want @MushroomCake28's permission beforehand in any case.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Count me in as someone interested in seeing this for MV!

@Featherbrain were you able to get a working version that you can share? Sorry if that's bad form to ask for a modified MV version on your thread, props to @MushroomCake28 for making the original plugin! Also love your compositions :)
Thanks man! Appreciate the support!

Well, I have a version that's working... for my personal needs... right this instant. I only use some of the functionalities, though, so I'm sure many of them are still broken and I just haven't noticed yet. I'm also extremely lazy, so I made some of my changes directly to the core files, instead of aliasing functions in the plugin itself; I'd have to track those things down and fix it. Finally, I'm using script calls exclusively, so no plugin commands; I would have to learn how to code the plugin commands in MV for that.

So, short answer... no, I don't have a version that's truly shareable right now. It would take a bit of work just to get what I have now shareable, and still more significant work on top of that to get plugin commands working and actually convert and test all functionalities thoroughly. I'm deep into my own game project at the moment so I can't make any promises that I'll get to this... I'd want @MushroomCake28's permission beforehand in any case.
You have my full permission to make a MV version if you decide to release it. I can post it here in the opening post if you want. If you make a new thread, just add a link back to this thread so people can find the original MZ version!

Featherbrain

Prehistoric Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hate to leave folks hanging, so I am trying to get my conversion into a shareable format. In the process, however, I uncovered some fresh incompatibilities/bugs... and since I don't have MZ to cross-test, I'm curious what the expected behavior is supposed to be here. Here's the issue:

The plugin works by defining a spacial object with a plugin call in an Autorun event that is supposed to be erased afterward.

Problem is, if you save the game on a map with such an autorun event, exit the game, and load the saved file, that autorun event has already been erased; presumably as a result of that, no spacial sounds play on this map until you exit the map and transfer back to it.

@MushroomCake28: I assume this bug doesn't exist in the MZ version... or does it? Is it expected that the auto-run event setting up the spacial objects needs to be run again after loading from a save file? Or is the existing sound buffer supposed to be stored into the saved file or something so the spacial sound objects don't need to be redefined after loading? Or does MZ itself do something weird with auto-run events in general, like restoring and activating erased auto-run events after loading from save?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Featherbrain I'll have to look into it again, because to be honest I haven't tested saving, exiting, and loading the save file lol. I don't recall playing with anything store related, so that might be problem indeed.

Featherbrain

Prehistoric Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That might explain it, lol. In that case, it's worth mentioning what I assume are some related issues:

After loading from a save, if you enter a *different* map (not the one first loaded) where a spatial BGS object is defined by autorun event, it gives the alert error about "You have 2 or more BGS using the same channel." However, the spatial sounds proceed to play normally as set up in the auto-run event.

I simply changed the alert to a regular console.log call so the error message moves to console and doesn't interfere with gameplay, but obviously there's something going on there, too. (The fact that that happens is what made me think the buffer info might be getting saved--since it thinks something is already playing on the channel. But, if it IS saving the buffer data, it's not automatically restarting the audio in the map where the game loads. If that makes sense.)

Also, I'm not sure if this is related or a separate issue, or unique to MV vs MZ, but I noticed the BGS tracks don't stop when exiting to Title Screen. I aliased Scene_GameEnd.prototype.commandToTitle and added calls to AudioManager.generalClearMushBgms() and AudioManager.generalClearMushBgss(). Seems to do the trick, now the sounds stop when selecting "Quit to Title" from the main menu.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That might explain it, lol. In that case, it's worth mentioning what I assume are some related issues:

After loading from a save, if you enter a *different* map (not the one first loaded) where a spatial BGS object is defined by autorun event, it gives the alert error about "You have 2 or more BGS using the same channel." However, the spatial sounds proceed to play normally as set up in the auto-run event.

I simply changed the alert to a regular console.log call so the error message moves to console and doesn't interfere with gameplay, but obviously there's something going on there, too. (The fact that that happens is what made me think the buffer info might be getting saved--since it thinks something is already playing on the channel. But, if it IS saving the buffer data, it's not automatically restarting the audio in the map where the game loads. If that makes sense.)

Also, I'm not sure if this is related or a separate issue, or unique to MV vs MZ, but I noticed the BGS tracks don't stop when exiting to Title Screen. I aliased Scene_GameEnd.prototype.commandToTitle and added calls to AudioManager.generalClearMushBgms() and AudioManager.generalClearMushBgss(). Seems to do the trick, now the sounds stop when selecting "Quit to Title" from the main menu.
Ahh yes, alright I'll add those 2 things to my fix list. Thanks for the report! Those are definitely MZ and MV issues lol.

m03271996

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! Have a problem.
If have bgs,gameover back to title will keep bgs sound.(in title will have bgs sound.)
I want to clean bgs channel,but use plugin command just clean one.
Can use plugin command clean one for All channel?or exit map scene clean sound?
sorry my English not good.

update: select command"back to title"will happend same problem.

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! Have a problem.
If have bgs,gameover back to title will keep bgs sound.(in title will have bgs sound.)
I want to clean bgs channel,but use plugin command just clean one.
Can use plugin command clean one for All channel?or exit map scene clean sound?
sorry my English not good.

update: select command"back to title"will happend same problem.
Yeah I haven't taken into account the game over back to title screen yet. Will be fix in the next update. For now there is no auto function or plugin command to remove all BGS and/or BGM, but it might be a good thing to add in my next update. Thanks for the report!

m03271996

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah I haven't taken into account the game over back to title screen yet. Will be fix in the next update. For now there is no auto function or plugin command to remove all BGS and/or BGM, but it might be a good thing to add in my next update. Thanks for the report!
Thanks! Looking forward to your next version.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Released version 1.05:
  • Fixed a bug that silenced BGM and BGS after playing a ME.
  • Fixed a bug with BGM/BGS fadeouts with the new audio system if the fadeout was applied on a spatial BGM/BGS while the player was moving.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the regular BGM to not return to its original volume if a cross-fade BGM was removed.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the mush BGM/BGS to continue playing even during the Gameover scene.
  • Added a plugin command to clear mush BGMs and BGSs.
  • Added a feature to make sure spatial BGM/BGS are saved when the game is saved. Saving and loading the game should now work with spatial BGM/BGS.

@m03271996 This should fix your issues.
@Featherbrain The save/load issue should be fixed now.

m03271996

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Released version 1.05:
  • Fixed a bug that silenced BGM and BGS after playing a ME.
  • Fixed a bug with BGM/BGS fadeouts with the new audio system if the fadeout was applied on a spatial BGM/BGS while the player was moving.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the regular BGM to not return to its original volume if a cross-fade BGM was removed.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the mush BGM/BGS to continue playing even during the Gameover scene.
  • Added a plugin command to clear mush BGMs and BGSs.
  • Added a feature to make sure spatial BGM/BGS are saved when the game is saved. Saving and loading the game should now work with spatial BGM/BGS.

@m03271996 This should fix your issues.
@Featherbrain The save/load issue should be fixed now.

Thanks your update!

If from Gameover back to title will not play bgs for now. This is nice!

But if I used GameEndScene "Back to Title" Command still play bgs.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks your update!

If from Gameover back to title will not play bgs for now. This is nice!

But if I used GameEndScene "Back to Title" Command still play bgs.
You can now manually stop all BGS/BGM from the new audio system with plugin commands and script calls, so for all the unaccounted transitions you can use those instead. The plugin commands are "Stop All Mush BGMs" and "Stop All Mush BGSs". The script commands are:
AudioManager.stopAllMushBgm(duration); // Duration is the fadeout time in seconds.
AudioManager.stopAllMushBgs(duration); // Same but for BGS

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skybola188