MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just want to keep everyone up to date. I am noting all the bug reports. I'm just unusually busy with real life lately, but I will update the plugin after my hellish semester.

greenrivers

Pixel Artist
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been playing with this all afternoon; what a fantastic plugin. It's astonishing just how much this elevates even the standard sound effects.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been playing with this all afternoon; what a fantastic plugin. It's astonishing just how much this elevates even the standard sound effects.
Thanks! It does make quite a difference indeed!

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
N/A
What an amzing plug-in that makes setting up audio in a map much easier. I was doing everything the old fashioned way, using regions and an event that changes things based on where the player is, but this is a lot better.

Last edited:

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just wanted to point out that while most BGM/BGS commands allow you to set a Fade In/Out time, the Change BGM/BGS Volume commands do not having this functionality (it would sometimes be useful if you wanted to change the volume over time rather than just instaniously change it).

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure whether I am using this plugin properly, as the spatial SE keeps loading itself, and it is definitely not what I am trying to do (simulate a 3d sound effect).

Last edited:

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure whether I am using this plugin properly, as the spatial SE keeps loading itself, and it is definitely not what I am trying to do (simulate a 3d sound effect).
I would have to see how you made your events to know what the issue is. Playing a spatial SE is just like playing a SE, just that the volume and pan is automatically adjusted depending on the position of the origin of the SE.

What is the possibility of getting effects with this plugin? Reverb and/or delay specifically.
I have no plans to add audio effects to this plugin for now. If I do add audio effects, it's probably going to be another plugin that would be compatible with this one.

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would have to see how you made your events to know what the issue is. Playing a spatial SE is just like playing a SE, just that the volume and pan is automatically adjusted depending on the position of the origin of the SE.
Well welcome back!

I mean I can send the project, perhaps you can advise how to best setup such instances. Can your plugin play more than one simultaneous event?

Is your hellish semester over?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks!

Send a screenshot of the event calling the SE.

Not yet, but soon. It will end this week.
Trying to do basically a looping sound effect like a torch, think what happens in OoT or Skyrim

1643041134117.png

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Dark_Ansem The way you did it currently will call the SE to be played every frame. A torch sound is more of a BGS than a SE. You should create a spatial BGS instead. After creating it, you must delete the event that creates it (since it's like playing a BGS, you only need to call it once), but you must keep the event that servers as a location (aka the torch event on your map).

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Dark_Ansem The way you did it currently will call the SE to be played every frame. A torch sound is more of a BGS than a SE. You should create a spatial BGS instead. After creating it, you must delete the event that creates it (since it's like playing a BGS, you only need to call it once), but you must keep the event that servers as a location (aka the torch event on your map).
Thank you. And would that work even in case of multiple BGS (as in, a sfx per every torch)? would your system be able to handle that and in that case, how would I do that?

What's the difference between BGS and SE? as most of the sounds I use will have a loop point.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Dark_Ansem BGS is like rain fall. It's consistent and loops. SE is like your cursor movement, plays once and not again.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
it would play for the whole map
But that's one of the features for the plugin.
- Spatial Audio for BGM, BGS, and SE (volume and pan dynamically varies depending on player position to audio source(s)).

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
But that's one of the features for the plugin.
- Spatial Audio for BGM, BGS, and SE (volume and pan dynamically varies depending on player position to audio source(s)).
my bad, I meant to say whether the plugin can play more than one instance.

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes it can. You can have multiple BGMs and BGSs playing at once with this plugin, hence why there is a channel feature.
Thank you. And I'm sorry, why do I need to delete the command?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Going to try my luck with Rust programming language. C++ is just way too gosh darn frustrating.
Phew. Finally fixed all of the tileset and event issues in this demo. And now, it's time to release another, finished game. Stay tuned!
you know, since learning C [;)] I've grown to love VC and OpenGL :D
Welp. Just updated the biplane sprite-sheet with the missing "North" and "South" positions. Really digging the old 1920's aircraft designs as of late. Shame they're not in "vogue" anymore. They had style. I wasn't planning on making an Air Mail-centric game but now it is getting awful tempting.
animation-example.gif
ScreenShot_5_15_2022_4_23_30.png

found out the names of all the window's used in Yanfly's Victory Aftermath plugin and came up with some designs for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bet365samcom