Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! Thank you so much for this amazing plugin! :kaoluv:

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet or if it's an issue specific to my project, but just in case;

As I was testing the plugin, I notice that when a save ( right at the part where the BGS is playing ) is loaded after exiting the game, the BGS used via plugin command does not play.

If you didn't encounter the same issue, then it must be specific to my project as I'm using quite a variety of plugins ( some are paid ), haha.

If so, I don't feel right to ask you to look into it, so I'll deal with it myself. Thanks again for the amazing plugin! :D

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@WingedHares There are many little bugs right now that I have to hunt and squash. I know there's one with BGMs, but not sure exactly how it happens. When I release next version it might fix your issue.

WingedHares

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@WingedHares There are many little bugs right now that I have to hunt and squash. I know there's one with BGMs, but not sure exactly how it happens. When I release next version it might fix your issue.
Okie dokie! Looking forward to it! Thank you for your work :kaoluv:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah sorry for the delay to everyone using the plugin, I just haven't had much time for game dev lately. I'm trying to get back into though, but real life keeps getting in the way.

WingedHares

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah sorry for the delay to everyone using the plugin, I just haven't had much time for game dev lately. I'm trying to get back into though, but real life keeps getting in the way.
No worries! Take your time :D

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Long time no see, how is work going on this?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Long time no see, how is work going on this?
Working on it today. Haven't done any gamedev for quite a while but I'm coming back.

I know of an issue with spatial BGM, but dont know about any other bugs for now. Also, I haven't tested this on the updated MZ versions.

EDIT: I can't reproduce the 2 bugs that were reported to me. Everyone, please note that if you're loading a save file that was created BEFORE you installed this plugin, it can lead to crashes. Crashes can also occur if you load a save file that was created BEFORE you updated this plugin. There was in issue in the past with saving on a map with spatial audio and loading back in, and to fix it I made it so the game keeps track what spatial audio are playing when the player saves and loads them back in upon loading. However, if you update your plugin and load back in, it will try to load something that's non-existent. I think that's one of the reasons for crashes relating to save/loads. @WingedHares

As for the other issue with spatial BGM in general, I can't seem to reproduce it. If anyone here can tell me how they get the crash specifically that would help a lot. Or if you guys encounter any other bugs, please report it with as much detail as possible. Thank you.

Last edited:

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wish I'd help with the bugs, I'm actually having issues get the tool to properly do what I want :lol:

Do you think you'll get around to more voice acting work?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wish I'd help with the bugs, I'm actually having issues get the tool to properly do what I want :lol:

Do you think you'll get around to more voice acting work?
Not sure. I just added a voice acting channel for people that want to be able to adjust volume for voice acting independently from music/SE/BGS. Not sure if I'll add anything for now. In the first place, I'm not sure what I can add for voice acting lol.

As for the bugs. I've asked a few other people and spatial BGM seems to be fine and not crashing. So it's probably just a few people loading old save files I think.

Also, are you saying you can't get the plugin to work? Maybe I should make a video on how to add spatial audio from scratch.

ToshaAngel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Greetings!
I get an error message when saving.

Attachments

• 2022-08-01_22-31-23.png
    2022-08-01_22-31-23.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 7

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Greetings!
I get an error message when saving.
Are you loading an existing save file that was created before you added the plugin? If so you'll need to do new game. Any save files created before adding the plugin will bug.

If that is not the case, then it's probably plugin incompatibility, most likely with ShoraLighting.js

ToshaAngel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are you loading an existing save file that was created before you added the plugin? If so you'll need to do new game. Any save files created before adding the plugin will bug.

If that is not the case, then it's probably plugin incompatibility, most likely with ShoraLighting.js
Yes, you're right.
Incompatibility with the plugin ShoraLighting.js .
How can I fix this problem?

WingedHares

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
EDIT: I can't reproduce the 2 bugs that were reported to me. Everyone, please note that if you're loading a save file that was created BEFORE you installed this plugin, it can lead to crashes. Crashes can also occur if you load a save file that was created BEFORE you updated this plugin. There was in issue in the past with saving on a map with spatial audio and loading back in, and to fix it I made it so the game keeps track what spatial audio are playing when the player saves and loads them back in upon loading. However, if you update your plugin and load back in, it will try to load something that's non-existent. I think that's one of the reasons for crashes relating to save/loads. @WingedHares
I made sure they were new save files, so yeh, I think it really is a plugin compatibility issues with some of the paid ones x'D

No worries, though! I'll take care of it somehow.
Thanks for trying to resolve the issue anyway ^v^)/

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This plugin really needs a patch with VZ , and perhaps some video tutorials.

Sakuya_MInami

A Rieri Fan :3
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, is it me being dumb or not? XD

I tried to play BGS on channel 1, then after the corresponding cutscene was done, I played another BGS on the same channel. The new BGS won't play on channel 1?

or should I play it on a new channel each time I want to play a new BGS?

EDIT: I did fade out the first BGS on channel 1, waited for it to be completely muted, then played another BGS on the same channel.

EDIT2: Turns out it's just incompatibility with MultiTweaks, it overwrites the createBuffer method that tackles with its cache system. So if you play BGS on the same channel, even after stopping it, it won't play.

I commented out that createBuffer of the MultiTweaks, and it worked again...

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyzerKiba