MUSH Plugins: Item Collector Menu

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by MushroomCake28, May 6, 2017.

1. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    MushroomCake28's Item Collector Menu - version 1.03
    by MushroomCake28

Introduction:

Have you ever wanted a scene that keep tracks of all the items you gained? A completion list that tells you how much of all the items you have? That also keeps track of chests you opened? Something with a bit more information than the default ItemBook? Then here's the perfect plugin for you!

Features:

This plugin allows the player to keep track of every item, weapons and armors that they gained through the game. When earning a new item, the game will automatically add it to the list and the player will be able to look at its information, even if he doesn't possess the item anymore. This is like an item completion list.

The new menu scene can also keep track of how many chests you've opened and indicates you approximately how many are left (gives you a % of completion). This feature however requires you to know the exact number of chests in your game and to manually set a game variable that will keep track of how many chests you've opened. You can deactivate this feature (for example if you don't want to go through your whole game, counting your 200+ chests) by setting a parameter ('Chest Variable') to 0.

Furthermore, the plugin allows an item list that can be separated in sections, respectively: all, regular items, key items, hidden item A, hidden item B, weapons and armors. You can easily remove any of those sections if wanted.

Important:

The hard reset feature is still there but no longer necessary (unless you want to reset the item collector saved data manually). The item collector saved data (basically the variables that say if you've seen an item or not) are updated automatically when you change the database or change which items are excluded from the list.

If you have no idea what the hard reset is, you can learn about it in the plugin's help, but it is no longer necessary. If you don't want to bother reading, you aren't missing anything.

Image(s):

Plugin Commands:

- ItemCollector open : opens the scene ItemCollector
    - ItemCollector add [type] [id] : make it so a particular item is considered
    seen by the game. Set the type to 'items', 'weapons' or 'armors' (without the
    apostrophes) for the object category and set the id.
    example: ItemCollector add items 2 ** This will add the item with the Id 2.
    - ItemCollector remove [type] [id] : make it so a particular item is considered not
    seen by the game. Same arguments as the the add command.

Updates:
    1.01:
    - First release.
    1.02:
    - Added compatibility with Yanfly Item Core.
    - Added Auto updater (replaces the necessary hard reset)
    1.04:
    - Fixed a bug where a crashed occurred if there was more armors than weapons.
    - Added compatibility features for Yanfly's Equip Core and Item Picture Image plugins:
    a) Yanfly's equip's lunatic mode stats can now be displayed in the Item Collector.
    b) Yanfly's Item Picture Image can now be displayed instead of the item's icon in the Item Collector.
    - Added some parameters to control features specific to Yanfly's plugins in the Item Collector plugin.
    - For prevention, place this plugin below all the Yanfly plugins that might interact with it (Yanfly Core, Yanfly Equip Core, Yanfly Item Core, Yanfly Item Picture Image).

Terms:

This plugin is completely free to use for commercial and non-commercial games. Simply credit MushroomCake28. For more information, visit the Terms section on my website.

Links:

- Grab the plugin here: www.dropbox.com/s/zjuvvr8e9m3qvk0/%24MUSH_MenuItemCollector_P1.js?dl=0
    - Visit my website: http://mushroomcake28.weebly.com/
    - Watch my toturial for this plugin on youtube:

MushroomCake28

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    HintonR, caethyril, gambitben and 7 others like this.
  2. ∊η∊ηra

∊η∊ηra Smoke and Mirrors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Love the concept for this plugin, Mush. I'll be keeping my eye on your future releases!

MushroomCake28 likes this.
  3. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Do you do compatibility patches? I've found an issue with item collector and YEP Equip core. If you don't it's ok, I love your item collector plugin but YEP Equip Core is pretty much mandatory in my game lol. When you try to equip or unequip items in the menu, it stops and throws an error.

Here's the error log (I had to copy and paste since my steam screenshots are being wonky today)

rpg_managers.js:1756 TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null
    at Game_Party.gainItem (/C:/Users/John/Documents/Games/Updated/js/plugins/$MUSH_MenuItemCollector_P1.js:1272)
    at Game_Party.loseItem (rpg_objects.js:4989)
    at Game_Actor.tradeItemWithParty (rpg_objects.js:3636)
    at Game_Actor.changeEquip (rpg_objects.js:3618)
    at Game_Actor.changeEquip (/C:/Users/John/Documents/Games/Updated/js/plugins/YEP_EquipCore.js:450)
    at Scene_Equip.onItemOk (rpg_scenes.js:1307)
    at Scene_Equip.onItemOk (/C:/Users/John/Documents/Games/Updated/js/plugins/YEP_EquipCore.js:1022)
    at Window_EquipItem.Window_Selectable.callHandler (rpg_windows.js:896)
    at Window_EquipItem.Window_Selectable.callOkHandler (rpg_windows.js:1165)
    at Window_EquipItem.Window_Selectable.processOk (rpg_windows.js:1150)rpg_managers.js:1756 SceneManager.catchException

That is in a fresh project using only YEP Equip Core and Item Collector. Same error no matter which way you put the plugins.

4. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It doesn't seem too bad to fix honestly. Can you tell me what YEP plugins you're using exactly? I'll try to fix it (I have a pretty good idea of what's not working).

5. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I use pretty much all of them in my main project but I just used the equip core and item collector in a test bed and it threw the error.

6. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah I just tested it. I'll try to fix it for tomorrow.

7. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    New version of the plugin is out! (v.1.02)

Added:
    - Compatibility with YEP Item Core
    - An auto updater function that automatically updates your in game item collector saved data (variables that say if you've seen or not an item). Hard Reset is no longer necessary but is still there.

If there are any bugs, please tell me. Note that I've only tested with the YEP Item Core plugin, I did not test with other YEP plugins.

∊η∊ηra likes this.
  8. ∊η∊ηra

∊η∊ηra Smoke and Mirrors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Will test it out ASAP. Keep up the great work.

9. Sidbot

Sidbot Villager Member

This is incredible!

10. passballtotucker

passballtotucker Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I can't exit the item collector screen using my controller. The "B" button on my xbox 360 controller exits all menus except for this one. Hitting the escape key seems to be the only way to leave.

11. Fuchsilein

Fuchsilein Devil Fox Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Would there be a way to Check for the Completion of it to use on Events?
    Lets say i want to do a NPC that is not going to help you until you filled 50% of the Collectors Book?

12. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, sorry for the late response.
    By default I've set the exit key to the 'escape' input (which should be on the keyboard those following keys: escape, insert, X, numpad 0). I'm not sure how controllers work since I've never used one in RPG Maker. Are you using a plugin to set inputs?

13. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There isn't currently a way. I will update the plugin to make it possible with plugin commands.

14. passballtotucker

passballtotucker Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I am not using a plug-in. Controllers work with default RPG Maker MV.

15. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin updated finally. Version 1.03.
    I've added a plugin command for using the item collector completion in events (especially for conditions).

For more info, please check this video:

∊η∊ηra likes this.
  16. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    PLUGIN UPDATE 1.04:
    - Fixed a bug where a crashed occurred if there was more armors than weapons.
    - Added compatibility features for Yanfly's Equip Core and Item Picture Image plugins:
    a) Yanfly's equip's lunatic mode stats can now be displayed in the Item Collector.
    b) Yanfly's Item Picture Image can now be displayed instead of the item's icon in the Item Collector.
    - Added some parameters to control features specific to Yanfly's plugins in the Item Collector plugin.
    - For prevention, place this plugin below all the Yanfly plugins that might interact with it (Yanfly Core, Yanfly Equip Core, Yanfly Item Core, Yanfly Item Picture Image).

There might be some more bugs. If you find one contact me I'll fix it.

17. KillerGin

KillerGin Freddie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello @MushroomCake28,

I really like the plugin. My only complaint so far is that the menus are not functional with the mouse. (Can't get to the item descriptions with the left click (2nd level))

I have to use the enter button and the escape button when using the menu. This is really weird because all other menus in the game response to the left and right click of the mouse. (MV can be played with mouse input only).

Is there a way that you can make it compatible with the mouse? Left click = Enter, Right Click = escape (like all other menus in the game)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  18. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ohh, my mistake. I forgot to program mouse controls. I'll add them soon when I have time in an update.

KillerGin likes this.
  19. zodiak030

zodiak030 Villager Member

First Language:
    italian
    Go to line 589 and change this:

Scene_MenuItemCollector.prototype.updateMushInputs = function() {
    if (Input.isTriggered('ok')) {
    this.inputTriggeredOk();
    } else if (Input.isTriggered('escape')) {
    this.inputTriggeredEscape();
    }
    };

To this:
    Scene_MenuItemCollector.prototype.updateMushInputs = function() {
    if (Input.isTriggered('ok')||TouchInput.isTriggered()) {
    this.inputTriggeredOk();
    } else if (Input.isTriggered('escape')|| TouchInput.isCancelled()) {
    this.inputTriggeredEscape();
    }
    };

Krindlekrist likes this.
  20. zodiak030

zodiak030 Villager Member

First Language:
    italian
    I have a question. There is an option for element resist and weakness but it doesn't seems to work(?). Maybe i'm just dumb but... how can i set element resist and weakeness to a piece of armor or a ring?