Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MushroomCake28's Lauch Scene Opening - version 1.02
by MushroomCake28

Introduction:

When we start up any game produced professionally, there's almost always one or two scenes before getting into the title screen, if not more, often presenting information such as the game director, the studio, etc. In JRPG, it's also very common to add an opening video just after those scenes and before getting into the title screen.

Features:

This little plugin allows you to add up to 2 customizable scenes followed up by an opening video. You can decide to have only 1 scene or remove the opening video in the parameters. You can change each scene to your liking.
You can add:
- A background
- Up to 3 elements (text and sprites)
- The position of each element (not specifying a position will automatically center it).
You can control:
- Fade in and out time
- Time between each elements fading in
- Speed of each elements fade in

3 Elements can appear in one scene: one at the top, one in the middle, and one at the bottom (these are by default, of course you can manually change the positions). By default the top element will fade in first, followed by the middle and then the bottom. In the 'Type' parameter, specify if you want an 'image' or some 'text' (leaving it blank or to 'none' will not display the element). If you've put 'text' in the element's 'type', put the text that will appear in the 'Info' parameter. If you've put 'image' in the element's 'type', put the image's filename in the 'info' parameter.

More information on how to change the scenes to your liking can be found in my youtube tutorial video. The link will be down below.

Updates:

1.02:
- First release (here)

Links:

Grab the plugin here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mru7cmkstpgs0pv/$MUSH_LaunchSceneOpening_P1.js?dl=0
Visit my website: http://mushroomcake28.weebly.com/
- Watch my toturial for this plugin on youtube:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!

After many attempts with various plugins, I ended up getting this one. Which seems to me to be the best to do what I want.

I would like to do the following at the beginning of my game:

Splash Screen> Video Splash> Scene_Map (Where I'll put a choice of languages)> Scene_Title.

Using your plugin, after the video scene, it goes straight to the title scene without allowing me to go to a scene on a map.
I tried using some plugins that skip the title screen, like the YamiSkipTitle.

Although I change the order in the plugin manager, I still can not get to Scene_Map before the title screen.

Is there any way to edit the code so it does not automatically go to Title Scene after the video scene?
Maybe putting a parameter to choose if the user wants to go to the scene title or to a specific map id after the last scene(in this case, the video scene)?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eliaquim If you have the latest version (1.02 I believe), go to line 489. You should see this:

Code:
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Title);
Now if you want to jump to the scene map instead, simply replace that line by:

Code:
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map);
Note that this plugin stops after executing this line, so it will simply go to scene map. I have no idea how you plan on doing from there, how it will load, etc. This will skip the transfer to Scene_Title and go straight to Scene_Map.

Eliyud

Minstrel
Reaction score
First Language
Brazilian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm trying to play a video, that is in mp4 h.264 encoded format, and it isn't playng for any reason!! I also tried the webm format and nothing! I disabled all plugins and tried to run the video ... nothing!

1595073567069.png
1595073577388.png

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm trying to play a video, that is in mp4 h.264 encoded format, and it isn't playng for any reason!! I also tried the webm format and nothing! I disabled all plugins and tried to run the video ... nothing!

View attachment 151756
View attachment 151757
My plugin uses the default video player in RPG Maker MV and doesn't change the system. By default, RPG Maker MV can only read .webm and not other video formats, so that explains why the mp4 file didn't work. As for your webm file, perhaps there's an issue with the video, or the video converter. I personally convert my mp4 videos to webm using this site:

The converted videos actually run in the engine using my plugin with no issue on my end. If it still doesn't work, I would suggest checking if you can read the video at all in the editor (in an event, select the "play movie" command).

Eliyud

Minstrel
Reaction score
First Language
Brazilian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!! Thanks for the answer!

I was able to play the video thanks to this converter that you passed! But ... a new problem has arisen!

If I skip the video, the Scene_Title appears all black for a few seconds (allowing me to move the cursor and playing the song) before appearing in full. Is it a bug?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I skip the video, the Scene_Title appears all black for a few seconds (allowing me to move the cursor and playing the song) before appearing in full. Is it a bug?
How long? And do you have any other title screen plugins?

Eliyud

Minstrel
Reaction score
First Language
Brazilian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
About 3 or 4 seconds. Enough time to select "New Game" and appear on the map (still in black). Is it the order of the plugin?

The plugin list:

1595208630846.png

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
About 3 or 4 seconds. Enough time to select "New Game" and appear on the map (still in black). Is it the order of the plugin?

The plugin list:

View attachment 151875
The order shouldn't matter much, I'm not aware of any incompatibility with YEP plugins. Did you try doing the debug thing with an empty black screen video file named MovieDebug?

Eliyud

Minstrel
Reaction score
First Language
Brazilian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I don't know if I did it correctly, but debugg returned this error:

1595289395731.png

It is important to note that the error only occurs when I set "true" to present openning.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I don't know if I did it correctly, but debugg returned this error:

View attachment 152010

It is important to note that the error only occurs when I set "true" to present openning.
Hmm this is the first time I'm hearing about this issue. What version of RPG Maker MV are you running?

Eliyud

Minstrel
Reaction score
First Language
Brazilian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using version 1.6.2.

I have no idea what to do. I am considering doing like Eliaquim and replacing the go to for Scene_Title for Scene_Map to create a kind of opening by events.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using version 1.6.2.

I have no idea what to do. I am considering doing like Eliaquim and replacing the go to for Scene_Title for Scene_Map to create a kind of opening by events.
Ahh that might explain it. I made the plugin on version 1.5 a long time and haven't updated it since then. I might need to update the plugin to work with the new nw.js version. You could try the skipping to scene_map, but I doubt that'll fix the issue in your case since the issue is with the termination of the video.

Eliyud

Minstrel
Reaction score
First Language
Brazilian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you intend to update it sometime? Hahaha

I meant that I will no longer reproduce the opening, but go to Scene_Map directly - unless the plugin is updated one day. ♥

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you intend to update it sometime? Hahaha

I meant that I will no longer reproduce the opening, but go to Scene_Map directly - unless the plugin is updated one day. ♥
Yes, probably, but it might take a while since I'm a bit busy currently. Sorry for the inconvenience.

maliyana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to get the intro scenes to play when you exit the game and return to the title screen?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to get the intro scenes to play when you exit the game and return to the title screen?
Not in the current state of this plugin, but it isn't too hard to accomplish. I'll put it on the list of stuff to do when I update this plugin. I'll tag you when I release the next version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Demo for Maze of the Lost MZ released. I would appreciate any and all feedback and constructive criticism. If you like Dungeon Crawlers and JRPG's with a hint of Metroidvania and Shadowgate/Uninvited you might like it. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/maze-of-the-lost-mz-demo-port-from-mv.127971/
Well, here it is, colored. :kaoslp:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sikey