Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MushroomCake28's Lauch Scene Opening - version 1.02
by MushroomCake28

Introduction:

When we start up any game produced professionally, there's almost always one or two scenes before getting into the title screen, if not more, often presenting information such as the game director, the studio, etc. In JRPG, it's also very common to add an opening video just after those scenes and before getting into the title screen.

Features:

This little plugin allows you to add up to 2 customizable scenes followed up by an opening video. You can decide to have only 1 scene or remove the opening video in the parameters. You can change each scene to your liking.
You can add:
- A background
- Up to 3 elements (text and sprites)
- The position of each element (not specifying a position will automatically center it).
You can control:
- Fade in and out time
- Time between each elements fading in
- Speed of each elements fade in

3 Elements can appear in one scene: one at the top, one in the middle, and one at the bottom (these are by default, of course you can manually change the positions). By default the top element will fade in first, followed by the middle and then the bottom. In the 'Type' parameter, specify if you want an 'image' or some 'text' (leaving it blank or to 'none' will not display the element). If you've put 'text' in the element's 'type', put the text that will appear in the 'Info' parameter. If you've put 'image' in the element's 'type', put the image's filename in the 'info' parameter.

More information on how to change the scenes to your liking can be found in my youtube tutorial video. The link will be down below.

Updates:

1.02:
- First release (here)

Links:

Grab the plugin here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mru7cmkstpgs0pv/$MUSH_LaunchSceneOpening_P1.js?dl=0
Visit my website: http://mushroomcake28.weebly.com/
- Watch my toturial for this plugin on youtube:

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!

After many attempts with various plugins, I ended up getting this one. Which seems to me to be the best to do what I want.

I would like to do the following at the beginning of my game:

Splash Screen> Video Splash> Scene_Map (Where I'll put a choice of languages)> Scene_Title.

Using your plugin, after the video scene, it goes straight to the title scene without allowing me to go to a scene on a map.
I tried using some plugins that skip the title screen, like the YamiSkipTitle.

Although I change the order in the plugin manager, I still can not get to Scene_Map before the title screen.

Is there any way to edit the code so it does not automatically go to Title Scene after the video scene?
Maybe putting a parameter to choose if the user wants to go to the scene title or to a specific map id after the last scene(in this case, the video scene)?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eliaquim If you have the latest version (1.02 I believe), go to line 489. You should see this:

Code:
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Title);
Now if you want to jump to the scene map instead, simply replace that line by:

Code:
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map);
Note that this plugin stops after executing this line, so it will simply go to scene map. I have no idea how you plan on doing from there, how it will load, etc. This will skip the transfer to Scene_Title and go straight to Scene_Map.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnusualCorn