MUSH: Screen Resolution Menu Option

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by MushroomCake28, May 16, 2018.

1. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Introduction:

I don't know why I didn't start a thread before for this plugin since I've created it a long time ago. It basically adds an option to tweak the game resolution in-game.

Note:

I didn't test on rpg maker mv version 1.6.0+ since that version forces you to update your old js files and it makes my project (on version 1.4.0) crashes. I only tested this plugin on version 1.4.0 and 1.51.

Features:

The player will have the ability to change the game resolution in-game from the game's option menu. The gamer creator has the ability to add different resolutions via the plugin's parameter very easily.

It is important to note that the "Scale Graphic" parameter is very important because it determines if the game will scale the original resolution to fit the new one, or simply render a larger canvas. Here are some examples:

If true: The game's aspect ratio, or the player's view-able canvas, will be determine by the original resolution, which is the first resolution in the resolution list parameter. If the original resolution is 816x624 and the player changes the resolution to 1280x720 for example, the game's window will be 1280x720, but the view-able canvas will be 942x720, centered, with black bars on the side. Also, the view-able part of the game will not grow, the image will only be bigger. This is the recommended setting.

If false: The game's aspect ratio, or the player's view-able canvas, will be determined by the current resolution. The image files used in the game will not be scaled. The player's view-able portion of the game will be bigger or smaller, the player will be able to view more or less depending on the resolution. This setting is not recommended, unless you know what you are doing, or know how to code to fix all the positioning of objects on the screen.

Versions:
    - v.1.01: Original release.
    - v.1.02: Added independence from the Menu Option Expansion plugin.
    - v.1.03: Fixed some bugs that occurred when changing the resolution while in Fullscreen mode.

Image:

[​IMG]

Links:
    - Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/kamostudiogroup
    - Youtube video:

Download:
    - Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6r0o0kmyr022o5/$MUSH_MenuOptionScreenResolution_P1.js?dl=0

AestheticGamer likes this.
  2. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    pt-br
    Hey!
    it was im looking for!

but when i get high resolution its get blurry.

and can you block resolution not accepted by user monitor?

3. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! Don't forget that RPG Maker is a 2D rendering engine. It draws sprites on the screen. Resolution doesn't scale like with 3D models. When going higher than the resolution of the sprites, the engine will only scale your sprites. It's not creating a higher resolution sprites for you unfortunately. The ideal solution would be using sprites twice as big as necessary, but it's really realistic since all the tiles are 48x48.

Unless you set the 'Scale Graphics' parameter to false (which is not recommended if you're not a coder), or have bigger sprites that are scaled down in your game, resolution = window's dimension.

4. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian! Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This plugin is amazing. The option to change the resolution in menu was great!
    In RM MV 1.6.1+ on pc works ok. But on mobile didnt work.
    Thanks!

MushroomCake28 likes this.
  5. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks. Honestly I only tested up to version 1.5.2 and never tested outside of Windows 10. I'm happy enough it's working on version 1.6.1.

6. seaotter

seaotter Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    can export mobile HTML5 ?

7. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think so. You can always test it. I know on mobile it might not work cause mobile works a bit different than PC/Mac/Linux.

8. seaotter

seaotter Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    test done
    01. PC HTML5 not work
    02. Mobile HTML5 not work
    03. PC LOCAL ok