slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So my testers have noticed that there is a problem with my attacks and music in the game where sometime the sound will be quiet and the music loud or vice versa. How do I go at fixing this?

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Check the calls of those sounds, you may have set the wrong volumes. Alternatively it could be an issue with the actual files being badly sampled, not using the maximum possible volume compared to other files that do and thus are quieter by default.
Are you using any scripts related to sound? That could also be an issue.

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Check the calls of those sounds, you may have set the wrong volumes. Alternatively it could be an issue with the actual files being badly sampled, not using the maximum possible volume compared to other files that do and thus are quieter by default.
Are you using any scripts related to sound? That could also be an issue.
I'm not using any scripts related to sound that I know of. I was able to get a small fix to most of the sound issues. Now the only issue I'm having is the attack animation sounds are still too loud. I've tried turning them down and it still hasn't worked.
Edit: I have a script that deals with changing the volume of sound effects and background music for an option in the menu and I was able to fix the whole issue with the sound by telling the players to go into the system settings and turn down the sound effect volume.

Last edited:

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lowering the volume of attack-SEs and not seeing it taking any effect sounds like your script overwrites volume-settings of audio-playbacks instead of multiplying specified values with master.

~炬燵あ

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished switching to a new PC. Now I could potentially start working at projects or plugins again if I feel the motivation to do so.
If you don't read the news, you are uninformed. If you read the news, you are misinformed.
Custom slip rates and custom ailment durations for enemies really opens up the floodgates for status effect use. I can have Poison and Time Stop affect bosses without it breaking their balance! Finally, a healthy middle ground.

(Especially after I cooked up a thing that prevents you from re-applying deadly states more than once in specific occassions.)
Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graviti