[Music Discussion] What DAW do you use and why do you use it?

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@djDarkX - I'd be seriously considering this if I wasn't already set up for the time being, it's already taken me years to learn the plugins I have as it is (I have bad impulse control when I see cool things on sale)  :p  

@HexMozart88 - I also started out with guitar tablature...  :wub:   I'm still a bit on the slow side when it comes to reading notes because I don't really use scores for writing?  I write quicker using piano roll methods, but I'm trying to get myself to use music theory on a more conscious level these days.  I still can't see myself using the cubase score editor that much in the long run (even though it is very powerful in the pro version) but at the very least I wanna start being way more conscious of my keys and chord variation/voicing in the future.  Cubase has a bunch of tools for staying in specific keys/switching keys and adding chords quickly, so it's not like I even have laziness as an excuse haha.

sleepingforestj

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
FL studio. Been using this DAW for the last 8+ years or so. It doesn't have the best interface and tools for working with audio / vocals, but I give it an S+ for MIDI work. Most fluid and intuitive piano roll I've ever used, and I've tried a lot of different DAWs. Works best for me, especially since I use more synths/samplers and VSTs.

eishirukofuko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
IGM
I use FL Studio for my compositions, I think this is the best audio editor for beginners. It also fits perfectly with my VST plugins and gives a great sound. I recently bought new VST plugins for my electric guitar from the Blue Buzz Music store and the operator offered me a licensed version of FL Studio for my purchase, but I already had it. The sound quality of your musical instruments can be adjusted in FL Studio and thanks to various plugins, you can achieve the perfect sound. Good luck.

Last edited:

pickledylans

lov the cronch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use FL Studio (the $200~ version, forgot what it's called)
It took me a long time to have the money to buy it but .. god. It's SO much more user friendly than the freeware DAW I used before (cakewalk). I know it hurts to shovel out that much money if you're low income, but it's so worth it IMO. If you can, highly recommend.

There's also a huge community around it, so it's easy to learn. I'm particularly fond of busyworksbeats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just like this website:
lol
I streamed Moonfall on 9/25/20
and have started a page to showcase my vids/stream :kaoluv:

Please subscribe and follow, it's free, it's quick and one sub means so much to me, it would really make my day~ :wub

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:
Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaton