Excelsior

Self-Proclaimed Mastermind
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been making a game in MV, and I'm almost finished with it. Something I've noticed however is that the music I play has about a 3-4 second delay before it plays. This happens in-game, on the title screen (the title screen is the worst, waiting a whopping 8 seconds before anything plays.), even in the sound test the music is slow. The time varies depending on the type of music (i.e. BGM takes about 3 seconds, SE only takes about 1 or 2 at most, but generally it's pretty fast.), but even the smallest of delays can ruin a scene.

For example, I have a song that plays for 30 seconds while the player flies a hot-air balloon. Along with it, is a 30 second timer that counts down with it. It really kills the fun when the timer ends 3 seconds before the song does.

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue, and had found a way to fix it. I could just live with it, it isn't the end of the world, but it's still a pain nonetheless, so I was curious.

Thanks!

~Excelsior

Edit: I looked a few posts down, and I figured out that it's just an issue with the software. So uh, nevermind! Probably should read more before I ask, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Excelsior

Self-Proclaimed Mastermind
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try this one out or something similar just in case! 

I don't have a "dolby driver" anywhere, so I'm afraid I can't do that fix. I'm not even sure if that's the same issue anyways, as that video shows a lag within the audio, mine just lags before playing the audio. I could be wrong though.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Now, hopefully, some certain people will not be stupid enough to leak my name on the reports.
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?
my main character isn't the warrior of light or the chosen one, he's a self righteous, invasive try hard who gets ahead of himself and makes a critical error, resulting in a downward moral spiral that, eventually, leads him to truths that make him a better man, and im DAMN proud of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ariondelion