Wirtle

Wirtle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there, I'm making my first ever RPG titled "Chased by Mario". Don't let the name fool you! Not only is it subject to change but the genre of the story is a mashup of Medieval/Sci-fi fantasy. Imagine Lord of the Rings meets Star-Trek. This is a rough outline of the story:

Chased By Mario I

Year: 2442

Light speed is possible and space travel is a new way of life. (Trading, living, war, country, etc…)

Brandon and Damian are scientists/explorers pioneering the theory that reality can be altered at the M.R.O. (Multiversal Research Organization) head of their own division called “Somnium”.

They are given a mission to explore the outer reaches of a newly formed galaxy which has shown high levels of rapid change.

They crash land on “The Forbidden World”  stranded and left in the middle of a war between the few warriors left on the planet and mario and his army.

Brandon and Damian join warriors

Warrior’s best fighter Alex takes interest in Damian and Brandon.

Alex turns out to be a human from Earth (from a different division of M.R.O that explore new worlds)

Many things about the planets history with mario are explained to brandon and damian by the king.

A mighty feast is held to celebrate Brandon and Damians arrival. Much lore is told to them as they attempt to discover more of the “reality bending powers” one can attain.

Mario’s forces are nearing the warriors castle hideout.

Alex meets with Ashley in the courtyard. (Story behind this love interest is explained)

Mario attack launched on warriors hideout.

Alex leads the warriors into battle.

Brandon sees Mario for first time and is incapacitated by him.

Alex finds Brandon and tries to save him from being killed.

Alex sacrifices his life to save Brandon.

Brandon blacks out.

Brandon recovers to see Damian at his side in an infirmary looking place.

Alex’s funeral scene.

Chased By Mario II

On the run, brandon and damian searching for ways to manipulate the planets reality as mario has.

Mario sends shades to follow them secretly.

Brandon and Damian uncover an ancient power similar to what Alex had learned. (reality bending powers) Brandon becomes a “Paladin”. Damian becomes a “Wizard”.)

Brandon and damian go to fight Mario with their upgraded powers

Brandon and damian are still not much of a match for Mario and are on the brink of death

Alex breaks forth from his grave, now being the vessel for the fierce deity. (Fierce deity is NOT angelic. He is the outcome of one who dies while uses reality bending powers as a tool against evil and to save another's life. Once dead the body is possessed by the deceased’s remaining power. The dead are not brought back to life but simply a vessel for the power to be contained.) Fierce Deity flies over to Brandon and Damian before they are defeated and fuses the three together to maximize their combined power.

Chased by Mario III

Fierce deity is created

Epic battle ensues between Mario and FD

Mario is defeated and sent into the underworld

Fierce Deity fights Mario while falling into the underworld. Mario is shedding his mortal coil.

Mario’s evil demon spirit flies away deep into the underworld

Fierce deity separates into Brandon and Damian. (Alex’s body evaporates)

Brandon and Damian converse with some souls in the underworld and learn of the queen of the underworld. Their new mission is to find her.

They trek through the perils of the underworld, jealous spirits, malignant demons, orcs, witches, and other fantasy/mystical creatures roam freely in hell.

They find the queen and make a deal that if she reveals the location of mario she may be freed of her prison in the underworld.

Brandon and Damian meet Alex in the underworld trying to stop them from freeing the queen.

Queen flies out of underworld followed by Mario who tags along just to be freed and given his body back. He then goes at war with the queen trying to absorb her power/having no regard for the planet's well being.

Brandon Damian and Alex attempt to flee to the forbidden world but fail and when all hope is lost for them they are transported to The Crystal Realm (heaven) where they meet beings similar but not related to the fierce deity. (Lore is explained more clearly and in depth now)

Chased by Mario IV

Brandon Damian and Alex lead an army of “angels” to fight the “demons” which now run amok on the forbidden world.

They try to stop the fight between mario and the queen by breaking up the fight. Fierce Deity has taken the stage once more and attempts to make yet another deal with the queen. Saying “Mario is worse than you. He doesn't just want to see death he wants more beyond the realm of imagination.”

The queen agrees but is too late.

As a result of the amount of power being thrashed around between the battles the world starts to deteriorate. Eventually the consequences become obvious and as a final act of selflessness FD summons all of his power to destroy the planet, queen, and mario before they can escape.

Ending?!?!?!?!?!!!

I suppose what I'm after in terms of music would be a theme song that speaks for the story of the game. Something resembling Rhapsody of Fire and Blind Guardian. Orchestral/Choral epicness! I have no money to offer but hopefully working together on a unique project will be worth the time and effort. I greatly appreciate any help anyone could offer and any fedback on the story would be great! :)

Poreslav

Musician
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Hey, I think I might suit your needs. I run a starting solo folk music project. I'm mostly oriented in early medieval music, though I can also make full and late medieval tracks. I only ask for references, adnotation as an author and recommendation due to needs of promotion :) Here's a sample of my track (intended to be a song, so the vocals will be added).

https://soundcloud.com/poreslav/tryzna-1

Reply if you are interested ;) I also could involve my friend, who is the maker of "space ambient" into this "little project" ;)

Wirtle

Wirtle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I looked at what you have on your sound cloud. Its very impressive and I like it a lot. This is similar to what I'm looking for however let this be an example of what I really want: https://soundcloud.com/oneymusic/sachtdamns-theme

I am willing to collaborate with you if you can make orchestral/choral music with a medieval twist. 

I am very happy you got back to me and I'm looking forward to working with you and your friend in the future. :)

Poreslav

Musician
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Well, if I would have to make choir or orchestral music, I'd need to stick into electronic music, I don't know if I can do such thing, but let's try ;)

Wirtle

Wirtle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If its too far out of your comfort zone then you don't have to. I would love to have medieval-ish orchestral/choral epic sounding music like this:

I don't mind either way, I'll take what I can get but I'm also willing to work with you to make a compromise. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

edit: third time's the charm? some graphic text I whipped up that I like for the mid-game intertitle, now with all of the actual letters in the stupid damn words I was trying to spell :uswt2:
kcsmall.png
It is december, my dudes

badge_xmas.png
I love it when a plan comes together, and especially when Ruby decides to work with me when I decide to code. :kaopride:
Got sick and had to take a few days off work in order to get tested and make sure it wasn't the big one. Felt a lot better today and thought to myself, "Hey now, I can't get tested until tomorrow anyway, I can get so much character art done today!"
....I watched Youtube and browsed this site for hours instead.
>.>
But at least I'm doing the art now! Yaaaaay.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjikit