CoGDork

That's Me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a recurring NPC in my game who plays various bits of music on talking to him. Problem is, I have to make each piece a sound effect (music effects just keep going even after leaving the area!), which means any other sound effect that occurs causes the song to end prematurely. I don't want the song to loop, either; I want it to play ONCE, start to finish, and then stop so the NPC can reset and allow the player to request something else.

Does anyone have any idea how/if I can do this in a more efficient way than making each piece a sound effect?

whotfisjojo

clownin' around
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
try putting the song in the ME folder again and make sure any doors, areas, or events that make you leave the map have "Play ME: (None)" added before you the transfer player
like this:
1612538907064.png
i hope this helped! :0)

CoGDork

That's Me!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That solves the "playing after leaving the area" thing. But can more than one ME be playing at once?

whotfisjojo

clownin' around
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That solves the "playing after leaving the area" thing. But can more than one ME be playing at once?
unfortunately no you cannot... because typically people dont want their music to overlap. so you cant play MEs or BGMs at the same time

if you wish for songs to overlap you really should consider doing it manually (in an audio editing software like audacity) (having two songs overlapped into one song also means a smaller file size too!) otherwise you can only play one song at a time

also yes you can overlap sound effects but you can only "Stop SE" on the same event but not with other events (like exits & doors) so the SE/songs would continue to play onto another map... i believe your best bet is doing overlapping the songs yourself

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Does anyone know of NPC sprites for RMMZ? I know of Flirion's RMMV recolours, but RMMZ's sprites are slimmer and more detailed, so I'm a bit on the edge to use Flirion's im RMMZ...
I can't believe that after all those years, KH Union X Dark Road is closing the services.

Due to a situation in which I thought plugin adaptations had stopped for the QPlugins, I "ghetto" converted these 7 over yesterday. They appear to work perfectly as long as you use old style plugin commands. I am uncertain if I will have a lot of free time in the future to work on this, but if you'd like them, here they are.
Was there a thread that you could share a screenshot of your game? I feel like I found it once but can't locate it again.

I was being lazy and just copied a map to test a new parallax, but I forgot to delete all the events. This was the result. :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FeatherStone