Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I noticed this page says the latest version of MV is 1.6.3, but for some reason, mine (I use Steam version) only goes up to 1.6.2?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks like 1.6.3 is still in beta, so if you want try to use it, click RMB on RPG Maker MV in Steam, then go to the Properties, then BETA tab and select 1.6.3 version.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interesting... I was totally sure since MZ was released, MV won't get any updates, except DLC's.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just noticed that the release date for 1.6.3 was Dec 2020. So it's been in beta for a year now?

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It could be. Everything is possible.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Japanese version was updated today to keep supporting the Atsumaru submission.
So does that mean the English version is unaffected? And what's the "Atsumaru submission"?

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My japanese is terrible, but Atsumaru means Gather, Assemble. Probably KADOKAWA is outsourcing job for making DLC's for external company or (and) freelancers. Or - most likely - I found an article about website RPG Atsumaru, where people who make games with RPG Maker and upload them there. But I can be mistaken in both things I said.

If english version of MV don't get updated as Japanese then I will lose all respect I have for this company.

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
atsumaru seems like a Japanese distribution platform for digital/ indie games. MV games can be embed on their website.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I guess we English users can just disregard the 1.6.3 update?...

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm affraid so... :( Too bad, any update to MV would be welcome.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If english version of MV don't get updated as Japanese then I will lose all respect I have for this company.
...why? If it's a minor update that ensures some compatibility with a Japanese site, then why would the non-Japanese version get it?

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Simple: Either we equally get (it doesn't matter what) or not at all. Unless this update is irrelevant for us, non-asian customers.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure exactly what the Japanese version offers for this, but the English version of the editor never had an option to upload to the Atsumāru site, so I think it's irrelevant for us. Dedicated-language sharing sites can be helpful for native speakers of less widely-spoken languages like Japanese.

If you want, then I don't believe there's anything stopping you from downloading the JP version of the editor, e.g. in Steam: Library -> RPG Maker MV -> (right-click) -> Properties -> Language. You might also need to change to, and/or install, a JP system language pack beforehand to avoid errors.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless this update is irrelevant for us, non-asian customers.
It's for linking your game to a Japanese-language Web site that you provided a link to above...if that doesn't meet your criteria for "irrelevant for non-Asian," what would?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

At work.
Co: "This bug drove me insane. I tried a lot of things to debug, it just stuck".
Me: "How did you debug it?"
Co: *shows a complicated debugging method using breakpoints and everything*
Me: "What about ... " *casually prints a stack trace in the try/catch exception
Co: "Wait, you can do that??"
Totally original and unique OC
Harold.png
So after completing the Mass Effect Trilogy the first time as a Vanguard, I decided to replay the trilogy as a Soldier. Thus far, I've just finished the Horizon mission in ME2, and I'm already exhausted from ME2's f**k-awful enemy design.
Yeah, now Yes !!!! "boom boom "
"Fire the monsters, guards!!!"

index.php
I can't stop buying resource packs I'll never use, or engines for that matter, or free resources as my two terabyte external will attest. I am a digital hoarder I guess. Some people get drunk off the silly juice when they are bored, I just buy shiny digital nonsense I don't need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Khi