FeliPereira97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wish to create an ability that buffs an ally's phys. defense, but debuffs the user's defense as a consequence. (A kind of transfer, but it'd be better to have the freedom to choose which stats to buff and debuff)

The game doesn't seem to give me this option. I took a look at YEP's Skill Core, and searched through google, youtube and this website. Found nothing.

Is such a skill possible?

Thanks in advance

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
stop using buffs, replace them with states so they do whatever you want.

when you want a buff do that instead:

if (target.isStateAffected(x)) {
target.removeState(x) } else {
target.addState(y) }
}

if this is a buff, x is the debuff y is the buff

with skill core you can use pre-damage or post-damage depending if you want the buff before or after the skill effect :

<After Eval>
if (target.isStateAffected(x)) {
target.removeState(x) } else {
target.addState(y) }
}
if (user.isStateAffected(y)) {
target.removeState(y) } else {
target.addState(x) }
}
<After Eval>

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Games Mechanics Design is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (Implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

[move]RPGMaker MV[/move]

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just have the skill add a state to the user. Add this to the beginning of the skill's formula (and don't forget the semicolon at the end): a.addState(x);

Replace x with the ID of the state that reduces the Defense stat. And have the skill add a Buff or State that increases Defense using the Features box, like you would for any buffing skill.

Last edited:

Daniasty

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Buff and States Core from Yanfly can do it very well manuel.
Look for it on his webpage.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GThink