Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had used it once on previous PC only until its motherboard gave up in few years later.
So I bought new PC, redownloaded and reinstalled... Then I reused that key on it, so I got in like the usual...
Only until next day after that, it suddenly reasked me the same question; activation-key / purchase / free-trial buttons...
I was like "But I did used the key... YESTERDAY???", so I did it again... now MV stopped work against me as if it got locked after popping up to say that I have used this key already. Won't open up when I try start it up, even "run as admin" right-click option.

What is going on? And I was told that I only use one key to activate... How would I get "more" keys when something like this happens? Am i losing my purchased MV premanently just because I lost my previous PC? Sounds too ridiculous, for sure.

I have emailed to contact them few weeks ago but no replies. "Great help" they are...
Anybody have idea to undo the "locked" thing as in to make it run work again?

Thank you. I really want to continue my hard work on it. ='(

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What happens now when you run MV - does it ask you to activate again?

I assume this is the standalone version, as Steam does its activation differently.

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh right, forgot about steam vs standalone version.
Yes, it's standalone as i bought it from amazon.
called and said only one key can be used. Said I need to get another key for it... but I was like, where is it?

and to answer your other question, yes after next day. After that, it became unplayable immediately once re-activated it third time (total... if the count from old PC do not count, then just the second time).
When click MV to start up, it does "load" gauge then change to the MV image of heroes as it seems normal... but after that, nothing happens. The game window have not even opened up as if program were never be there. Just "load" to waste the time.

Endafy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Oh right, forgot about steam vs standalone version.
Yes, it's standalone as i bought it from amazon.
called and said only one key can be used. Said I need to get another key for it... but I was like, where is it?

and to answer your other question, yes after next day. After that, it became unplayable immediately once re-activated it third time (total... if the count from old PC do not count, then just the second time).
When click MV to start up, it does "load" gauge then change to the MV image of heroes as it seems normal... but after that, nothing happens. The game window have not even opened up as if program were never be there. Just "load" to waste the time.
Gosh how sad :( I have my steam account logged in on several of my PCs and after some hassles back with XP standalone, I simply use Steam now and I never have issues. Even from different IP addresses because of a PC I used at a job I took for a games company. Just get the Steam version of MZ. I am so sorry for your loss... gosh that is rough. My sincerest condolences.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This sounds as if something has messed up your computer's registry, preventing that registry from storing or reading the activation data.

This can happen if you have installed and re-installed hundreds of programs over several years, or if an program is defective and incompatible to your windows and wrote the wrong data. As such it is one of the errors that is almost impossible to find and correct unless you completely reinstall your Windows, something that few people can or are willing to do.

However there might be a workaround as the poster above mentioned: The standalone key for MV always doubles as a steam activation key, so you can simply enter that key into your steam account and use the program through Steam's DRM.

Endafy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
However there might be a workaround as the poster above mentioned: The standalone key for MV always doubles as a steam activation key, so you can simply enter that key into your steam account and use the program through Steam's DRM.

Please let us know if adding the key to steam adds the game to your library.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kelard