MV and my computer don't agree on in-game files

NoniVans

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
After switching computers I, downloaded MV again. Both computers are Windows 10. The game starts up perfectly, and all pre-existing files show both in-game and on my computer files. However, when I put a new file in the corresponding folder, it does not show in-game, and anything created in the game will not show in the files. I have tried putting the files every place I thought would work put nothing ever shows up. Here are examples of my issue. What should I do to fix this?

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (2).png

Up there I made a guy, but his image did not appear in the img/character/faces folder, nor did he appear anywhere on my computer. 

Down there I have all of the plugins sitting in the same folder, but only the original are appearing in-game.

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have the folder where MV is installed, and the folder where your project files are installed.  They are (and should always be) in completely separate locations.

When you create a new project, anything in newdata should be copied in there.  But if you copied over a project that you created earlier they may not have the same plugins.  Go into your project's plugins folder and see what files are there.  You may need to copy them over.

When you use the character generator, the files are saved in your project's folders, not in the MV install folders, which is where you're looking.

Easiest way to see where things are being saved and what plugins you have in the current project is to go Game > Open Game Folder (or something along those lines - I don't have MV open right now).

NoniVans

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks, Shaz. The problem was resolved, I just had to copy the files/start new project for them to show. Sorry for troubling you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be going live early today as I will be working on some music before I transition to art! When I switch to art, I will be focusing on making a new stream avatar~ Feel free to drop by!
For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...
So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zojin