[MV] Attack formula isn't functioning correctly YEP enemy levels

dude13579

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
For some reason, I cannot get the enemies to deal damage corresponding to how much Hp they have. At a high level, they will have massive HP, but do mediocre damage. base * (1+(Math.pow(1.2,1+(level)))) < thats the formula I have for every stat for the enemy, and it works fine for HP, but not for damage. Is something overriding it? I even tried setting the formula to just, "base*500" and it didnt work. Here is my plugin list

upload_2019-7-19_10-7-18.png

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it's because base isn't defined in the damage formula. Also, you're not specifying whose level to reference, the user or the target. You could easily replace base with some basic damage formula, e.g.
Code:
(a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * (1 + Math.pow(1.2, 1 + a.level))
May want to round it to the nearest integer, too, or you might get some weird display issues (lots of decimal places):
Code:
Math.round((a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * (1 + Math.pow(1.2, 1 + a.level)))

dude13579

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I think it's because base isn't defined in the damage formula. Also, you're not specifying whose level to reference, the user or the target. You could easily replace base with some basic damage formula, e.g.
Code:
(a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * (1 + Math.pow(1.2, 1 + a.level))
May want to round it to the nearest integer, too, or you might get some weird display issues (lots of decimal places):
Code:
Math.round((a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * (1 + Math.pow(1.2, 1 + a.level)))
Im fairly certain the plugin specifies the variable base and level beforehand, according to the enemy's level and base stats. I dont think its calculating damage, but rather calculating the target's attack stat

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im fairly certain the plugin specifies the variable base and level beforehand, according to the enemy's level and base stats.
For the enemy stats plugin: yes.

For the skill damage formula set via the Skills tab in the database (which yields the base value fed into step one of Damage Core): no.

If you mean "damage" in some other context, you'll need to explain what context that is.

Incidentally, I just noticed your Yanfly plugins are not in the recommended order, e.g. Equip Core should load after Battle Engine Core. This may result in unexpected plugin behaviour; click+drag plugins in the Plugin Manager to reorder the list. You can view the recommended order here: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Yanfly_Engine_Plugins :kaophew:

Also:
I dont think its calculating damage, but rather calculating the target's attack stat
You seem uncertain what the base value should be? That doesn't seem right. You're the dev...where do you expect the value to come from? :kaoswt2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yesterday, for my youngest sibling's birthday, we watched one of his favorite movies.
Ponyo is such a beautiful, but certainly strange, movie.
I just have to say that I prefer the majority of Studio Ghibli's works to those of Disney.
*sees work place in incoming call history* .... =www= hisssssSSSSSssss.
Please pop up a storm. Please pop up a storm.
So I tried composing a battle theme for the Linear Motion Battle System that I'm probably going to implement into my game. I really love real time combat, and I think that this theme might help give some energy to battles. Tell me what you think of it in the comments! Also, please do not use my music in your games.
My LMBS battle theme
* Me start speak in voice chat
"Lol, you're actually a girl?!"
(But I'm a guy tho... well, let's just pretend and see how long it will last)
* Years has passed... I have changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mindstream