Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I’m a new to RMMV and working on my first game. I’m trying to create a pokemon like party system where I have around eight active party members and fifty total actors available in the game while only being able to battle with two at a time and be able to switch the other six into battle.

I’m using yanfly’s party system plugin and it nearly lets me accomplish my goal. The only problem with that plug-in is I can only restrict the number of actors in the battle, not the actors available for reserve. So if I have fifty total actors in my game, the player will be able to switch through all fifty of the actors in a single battle.

Does anyone know of a plug-in or a way to fix this problem with eventing? If someone has an idea for a completely different approach that would achieve a similar system I’d be interested in hearing that as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok I believe I’ve figured out a possible solution. I need a script that can remove a party member in a certain position in the party. For instance if I have eight party members and a ninth member is added, I can have the script remove whoever is in the ninth position to keep the party at eight.

Can anyone help me with such a thing?

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’ve found a solution to my problem.

I’ve found many unanswered threads posing the same question so if anyone finds this and would like a solution, you may PM me. The answer is a bit long and varies based on your game’s specific needs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

mlogan wrote on alltheyuriz's profile.
Please be aware that our Status rules ask members not to make more than 2 status updates in 24 hours.
rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokerkoksszoparussiaespor